[UE5.1.1] YAY! #Finally rounded border widgets. OH it's broken. Surprise.

The INNER radius is cut off or extended as white because you have to hardcode a padding for it. A square one! How does that work? Why doesn’t clipping work at all?

what’s wrong exactly :thinking:

1 Like
  1. If you add a text widget into it at the corner, the text isn’t clipped by the border.
  2. If you add a child border to the rounded border, its corners are not clipped.
  3. If you don’t set an exact padding to the child slot the inner borders square.
1 Like

Hmm in that case you can put your content in a standard, clipping square box, with a bit of padding, then wrap the thing in an overlaybox, and add a rounded border on top with only an outline that covers the borders :

Thanks for the suggestion but that is impossible to centralize, it makes a worse solution than how people used to load images of a background + border on a single border widget. I’m a CSS guy, this editor is horrible.

in CSS you can simply put your style in one central text file and things just work 99% of the time:

afbeelding

afbeelding

afbeelding

Then we get the UserWidget containing a ton of uncentralized unmanagable barely working heavy binary widgets…

2 Likes

I moved it to the bug report section, I don’t believe any checkbox would correct this

2 Likes

Bump, would be nice if a new feature was actually useful

1 Like

Another issue. Impossible to set render opacity to 0 when using rounded corner mode with a certain checkbox.

Scrollbar can’t have rounded corners because the rounded draw mode does not have a margin property and apparently scroll bar doesn’t render properly at all without specifying this (whatever it is for).

Fun keeps piling up doesn’t it

[UE5.1] Scrollbar widget image draw margin broken.

1 Like
  1. Is this a UE5 only topic? (The Rounded corners is new for 5x only?)
  2. Is there any way to make an Outline / Border that matches a transparent IMAGE - in UE4.27?
  • E.g. a transparent Star image > make 3px Outline around that exact shape?

• Ive been searching everywhere but no solutions. StackOverflow said make the [Star image] into a Material, and use the “sobel filter on alpha channel of your texture.” But I found no “sobel” node in Material editor.

Not supported. you would still have to implement this as a shader. The challenge with that is that it’s heavier on performance and that likely all material nodes work in UV space, not in pixel space. This has always been an annoyance when you just want a rounded corner of X pixels and it can’t be done for all shapes and sizes.

3 Likes