What are the system requirements for UE5 Early Access?

Thank you for your answer in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should be same as what it was before, the performance depends on what features are you using some features are taxing some are not.

Since it’s in EA there might be minor issues we’ll know once the masses start using it. I am still sticking with 4.25 due to project.

1 Like

Can GTX 1080Ti be sufficient for exploring UE5?? I know when RTX series is out to tackle various features in UE5. Bit curious on this!!! Thanks in advance

I think you should be fine with a 1080Ti, people with RTX cards mostly want to have DLSS and Ray tracing features other than that i don’t think you will have any problem.

still its an early access so there will be issues here and there.

"Valley of the Ancient is a separate download of around 100 GB. If you want to run the full demo, the minimum system requirements are an NVIDIA GTX 1080 or AMD RX Vega 64 graphics card or higher, with 8 GB of VRAM and 32 GB of system RAM. For 30 FPS, we recommend a 12-core CPU at 3.4 GHz, with an NVIDIA RTX 2080 or AMD Radeon 5700 XT graphics card or higher, and 64 GB of system RAM. We have successfully run the demo on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X consoles at full performance.

Even if you’re not able to run the full demo, just looking at the assets and setup will help you understand how to leverage the capabilities of each of the Early Access features."

So with a 1080ti you should go perfectly

1 Like

First chance i get when i build or download ue5, i want to test what polycount is limit for sata ssd, is it 500 000 to million or two(in viewable screen)… i know faster is ssd then more polys you can stream. If anyone already tested this please let others know. I dont know, but i am really interested about that technically.

9 Likes

1)That is what we were scared of - a HUGE sizes of a projects :frowning: 2) To devs - at least 60% of a regular UE users dont have even a 1080 card and less than 32 gb RAM of PC (incl me :slight_smile: ) , so what we gonna do now? Will it still work correctly? 3) Any UE5 for newbs videotuts would be much appreciated :slight_smile: 4)What about archviz? Datasmith in UE5?
ps great team, great work, great product. God bless Epics!

How much ram is need minimum? what about a gtx 1050 Ti card, will it run it?

2 Likes

I’m going to do some tests with a 1660ti and a 2012 i7 with 6 cores and 12 threads and see what happens …
I imagine that UE5 will be fine, what I imagine is that it will not support features such as Lumen, Nanite, etc … that is, the new and interesting thing about UE5. Let’s see what happens …

Hardware requirements discussed in the Early Access docs:

Basically boils down to: same requirements as UE4, but “to get the most out of Nanite and Lumen, we currently recommend the equivalent of an NVIDIA GTX 1080, AMD VEGA 64, or better

1 Like

Yes it runs for me with a 1050ti but the load is really high :grin:
uses about 10 gb ram :chart_with_upwards_trend: @gamepainters

1 Like

@ LoveMyJockel cool thanks for the info . i’m screwed, on ram i’m at 8gb. Looks like i will have to upgrade my comp if i want to run ue5.

Same :grinning: but the graphics card prices are currently rising too high and the processors as well :sweat: I already thought about hosting ue4/5 on a virtual machine and accessing it via the VPN option :chart_with_upwards_trend:

yeah prices have sky rocket, what they want for any part right now it outrageous. It was funny i was looking at parts yesterday. I get on this morning they are offering the thread ripper cpu for 2699.00. Blows your mind when you see prices like that. Just way way to much $$.

1 Like

True :smiley: tried to get the RTX 3060 12GB on the release date. Instantly away :frowning: The price was round about 300€ in :de: . Now the price is over 1000€ :joy: the games I am currently working on take a really long time to shader and compile :crazy_face:

Same if i do a material change it takes me 7 minutes to recompile the shaders on my testing map just to re see the textures lol.

hehe :sweat_smile: - Imagine we would recreate the GTA V map :joy: :joy: @gamepainters

Oh lord, we be there half a day compiling shaders lol :slight_smile: on 1 map

I guess a half year for placing objects and changing the one material :smiley: ^^ Mission impossible? or challange accepted? :stuck_out_tongue: