[SUPPORT] CAMERA 360 System

Hi, Ze_Rocha!
The Camera 360 has several modes for getting 360 stereo. But there are certain limitations:

1. Stereo 360 (Omni) and Stereo 360 (Panoramic Capture) not support raytracing.
    [SUPPORT] CAMERA 360 System - #315 by Ivan_Elizarov

But with them, you can get real stereo in 360. But again, read their description as well, the pros and cons are indicated in them.

1. 360 Stereo, 360 Stereo Experimental → support raytracing, but it’s not an accurate 360 stereo. You may notice artifacts and problems. The pros and cons are listed at this link
    [SUPPORT] CAMERA 360 System - #244 by Ivan_Elizarov

Sometimes you have to use different methods to get a suitable 360 stereo.

1 Like

NEWS. 05/22/2021. Solutions rendering. Text tutorial.

Solution 1. Sequencer+JPG system

Let’s start by trying a new method that supports TAA. With it, you can achieve a smooth image and excellent quality.

-Select Camera Rec 360
-Find Screen Shot JPG system
-REC → True
-Record Mode → Sequencer
-Quality(Size Output) → 4096 or more. The higher the value, the higher the pixel quality. But be careful, sometimes the engine can crash. Max Limit 8192 (16384x8192 — it’s very big quality), recomended try 4096 (8192x4096) or 6144 (12288x6144)
-AntiAliasing → 4
-Output Size X → You can specify the size of the output image, it can match the texture quality, or specify your size.You can choose high values. Sometimes it is not necessary to raise the quality very high.
-Path → result 360 images
-Name → Name final image
Open Sequencer and
-Select Custom and size = 100x100.
-Output ->Temp folder.
We will not use the sequencer for rendering, only for temporary files and correct frame calculation.
And start capture.

Solution 2. Sequencer+PNG system It can work exactly the same way.

But you will need to additionally specify the desired framerate, and the texture quality.
In this case, the HighResShot system is used. This is longer than JPG.
But this method is good for raytracing in game mode. But it does not support taa in this mode. You need to use sequencer or Movie render.

Solution 3.
You can use the JPG and PNG systems, in game mode, without using the sequencer (Not support TAA).
PNG System.

JPG system.

Solution 4. Using Sequencer +TAA→and not Limit. Max size 16384x16384

You can use the sequencer to bypass the restrictions.
Separate Process + inherit console command -RESX=10000 -RESY=5000 (this size for output images).
And Start Capture
For TAA support, please select in Camera Rec 360 → PNG system → Custom Render → FullPostProcess.

Do not forget to disable the REC values in JPG and PNG systems, otherwise you will have several systems running at once.

Solution 5. Using Movie Render + TAA
Tutorial 12. Camera360 and Movie Render Pipeline (High Quality Media Export) - YouTube or Tutorial 15. Archviz Raytracing + Camera 360 - YouTube

1. As for Movie Render and the activated FullPostProcess mode.

2. To have the correct colors when rendering. You need the Unlit mode, as well as the disabled Tone Curve.

3. Activate Custom PostProcess → FullPostProcess

4. Added deffered Rendering (Unlit) (in 4.26) and try using disable multisample effects (This will remove the ghost effect or bifurcation of the frame (if available))

5. Added Anti-aliasing (working).

6. Color Output → Disable Tone Curve for correct color.

7. If you use a Sequencer or a screenshot system (png, jpg), these steps are already added to the code and the colors are correct when rendering.

Hello,

Amazing addon. I have been doing 360 Mono 8K capture really easily.

I have 3 questions:

• How can I check the version of the addon I have in my project?
  • Is there a release note somewhere to check what new versions fix and add?
  • Where could I find a step by step tutorial showing how to do a 360 stereo capture. I have tried and I did not succeed, and I did not find any tutorial (I’m sure I missed it)?

Thank you!

Good day!
A very useful camera. A question. Is it possible to display not dome180, but dome190 or dome200? How to do it?

Hi, Hugues.Bruyere!
Usually changes help to fix many problems and add new functionality, you do not need to worry that the update may disrupt your project.
1 and 2 question. I usually add information about changes to Camera Rec 360 actor → VersionInfo.
But in the latest versions 4.25 and 4.26 I added JPG system.

1. I’m going to make a new video tutorial today that shows the 360 stereo rendering options.
    I still didn’t have time to show it. While there is only this tutorial in the trailer, it shows an example of how Omni Stereo Mode and Panoramic Mode work.
    https://youtu.be/SqQtM1xZFrE?t=368
1 Like

Hi, Snark-s!
Thanks. Camera 360 support 180-240 degreee.
You need select projection FullDome 180 and change Dome 180 DEG. Example 210

Hi

Thank you for the fast reply.

Version info
I guess I must be using an old version as I can not find the version info. See Attached screenshot.

Version Update
Are you saying that I can update without any worries?
Are there any specific steps to follow to ensure an update without any issues?

I’m doing this in a quite big VR project and I want to make sure to do it correctly.

Stereo Tutorial
Thank you for the link, I will check it.
And also will wait for the new tutorial. Will you post it on your YouTube channel too?

Thanks!

Good afternoon!
It depends on which version of the engine you are currently using. If the version is for example 4.18, I don’t remember anymore, I don’t seem to have added any version information.

You can do the following. Make a copy of the project or save the old version of camera 360 in your project (YourProject/Content/Camera_360).

Upgrade your Camera 360 in EpicGamesLauncher and create a new project. And check the performance.

Your version of the camera 360 will not be replaced automatically, you will need to specify your project.

If you have made any changes in the code, then you should not update. It is better to check it in some empty project.

I have saved all versions of the camera 360, and if there are difficulties, I can always send the old version.
Yes, I remind you that for versions 4.25 and 4.26, the TAA feature has been added. For earlier versions, I didn’t make any changes.

Yes, When the video lesson is ready, I will publish it on the channel.

We are using Unreal 4.26.2 but we installed the addon when we were still in 4.25.4. If I remember correctly we added the addon in June 2020.

I released new updates for 4.25 and 4.26 in Aprel 2021.

Hello

Was wondering if there is any chance you cna get the plugin working with UE5 soon - i think the cinematic stuff is going to be totally usable pretty quickly even this early - I would def pay for that update soon as opposed to waiting a year for it - I am sure alot of the people here – otherwise i gotta find another solution as I am going to start using it immedietly - thanks

Hi, Arcane!
Good news. First of all, I checked the performance Camera 360 in UE5.
Camera 360 support Unreal Engine 5. I want to test the plugin on a new stage with nanit. I’ll give you more information when I check it out. While I’m testing UE5.

1 Like

wooohooo

the second my version downloads and that scene opens I’m off to the races - prob wont leave my studio for days

I hope the transition to UE5 will be smooth and fast :slight_smile:
As I noticed, so far all the modes in camera 360 work, except for one, 360 Stereo (PanoramicMode), but I think this is forgivable, since UE5 was released only today.

Hello,I followed the ArchViz Interior Scene tutorial. Everything apart from anti-aliasing seems to be working fine. I have already set Texture size to 4096, but it looks the same as 2048 (rendering times went up by x4). Also, I have tried to increase the Output-Resolution to 16k and increase the AA-samples but the effect stayed the same. How can I improve this?

Hi!
Please look Solution 5. Using Movie Render + TAA

1. As for Movie Render and the activated FullPostProcess mode.
  2. To have the correct colors when rendering. You need the Unlit mode, as well as the disabled Tone Curve.
  3. Activate Custom PostProcess → FullPostProcess
    4.Added deffered Rendering (Unlit) (in 4.26) and try using disable multisample effects (This will remove the ghost effect or bifurcation of the frame (if available))
    5.Added Anti-aliasing (working).
    6.Color Output → Disable Tone Curve for correct color.
    7.If you use a Sequencer or a screenshot system (png, jpg), these steps are already added to the code and the colors are correct when rendering.
  4. And try change AntiAliasing quality this oprion

You can change the anti-aliasing values here. This is a temporary solution, in a subsequent update I will add the anti-aliasing value in a convenient place.

Thank you!

NEWS 05.28.2021. Camera 360 support UE5.
I am still checking how the rendering works in UE5, if I have any additional information, I will let you know.
For working Camera 360 and UE5, you need:
Just transfer the files from project to project and everything will work for you.
You need copy Camera_360 in Your project ue4/Content/Camera_360
to Your project ue5/Content/Camera_360

NEWS 05.31.2021. Added minor changes to the version 4.23-4.26. For Custom rendering mode.

1. Added a new actor BG_CustomRendering
    It replaces the background. For example, the green color. In the post-production program, you can remove this background and make it an alpha channel.
  2. Added the ability to Hiden actor or Show actor.
  3. For this to work, you need to activate the following values in ScreenShot PNG system:
    • Custom Render (True)
    • Custom Render List Object (True)
    • For Show Objects → Select Primitive Object Mode → Use Show Object
    • For Hiden Objects → Select Primitive Object Mode → Render Scene Primitives Legacy
  4. To make the Background work, add it to the level (Content/Blueprints/BackgroundCustomRender/BG_CustomRender actor)

Example: Standart view

Example: Hiden Object.

Example: Show object.