Push Verse Changes stopped working after too much code

Please select what you are reporting on:

Verse

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Verse

Summary

It seems that “Push Verse Changes” stops working in projects with too much code. Mine has around 7000 lines of code.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Open my project, public map id: 4017-3141-6639
  2. Launch session, wait for everything to start
  3. Go back to UEFN, compile verse
  4. Click Push Verse Changes

Expected Result

Verse being pushed correctly

Observed Result

Infinite “Session loading” and error in logs:

LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: !IsBunchTooLarge(Connection, Bunch) [File:D:\build++Fortnite\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\DataChannel.cpp] [Line: 1161]
LogOutputDevice: Error: Attempted to send bunch exceeding max allowed size. BunchSize=299039, MaximumSize=262144 Channel: [UActorChannel] Actor: ValkyrieBeaconClient /Engine/Transient.World_0:PersistentLevel.ValkyrieBeaconClient_2, Role: 3, RemoteRole: 2 [UChannel] ChIndex: 3, Closing: 0 [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 18.156.237.216:15061, Name: IpConnection_2, Driver: IpNetDriver_2 IpNetDriver_2, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: ValkyrieBeaconClient_2, UniqueId: MCP:843601e06dd8490ea3e6a97a60ab1efb

Platform(s)

PC

Island Code

4017-3141-6639

Seconded, ran into this yesterday. After ~ 3000 lines of code it stopped working. Now only fully load the project, which takes a lot of time for small checks.

2 Likes

The status of UCB-1009 incident has been moved from ‘Awaiting Validation’ to ‘Closed’.

What was the solution?
This is happening to me currently.
I’m only able to make changes on a full session close and restart. Any attempts to just Push Changes ends up with a Network Error Network Connection Lost message in Fortnite while the UEFN has the session updating looping forever. Message Log shows no logging message output of a problem.

Same problem here, 4 Bug repots made in the same problem:

1. Fortnite Crash in Push Changes and Project Stuck in Checking for if the project can be uploaded - General / Issues and Bug Reporting - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)
  2. Timeout after Pushing Verse Changes - General / Issues and Bug Reporting - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)
  3. Project Stuck in Checking for if the project can be uploaded - General / Issues and Bug Reporting - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)
  4. Revision Control stuck in: Checking for if the project can be uploaded (UEFN + Fortnite restart needed on each Push Changes) - General / Issues and Bug Reporting - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

Managed to get it to work by reintalling everything but 1 week later the same problem happens.
This only ocurrs in large projects with a lot of code/memory at least in my experience.

2 Likes

Push Changes normaly works, but I have to wait literally:

And when the majority of the tiem is bug testing and I have to make a Verse change after each 20 s of playtesting, then an hour of work becomes 40 min of waiting and 20 min of actual work.

As you can imagine it is impossible to work with this timings, I know this 4 minutes are the time it takes to upload all the project so you can test it in fortnite, but after each change it is too much, and more than this after each Verse change even a Print statement where I change one character.