[My Solution] “FAILED TO VALIDATE FOR UPLOAD”, “missing a GameFeatureData asset” & related error messages in the Output Log & Message Log

Hello Everyone, @ChickenChik
I created a post, followed by a “Bug Report”, about errors I was finding in the last few days. Meaning I could not upload to “Play Test” or Upload to “Private Version”.
Link to post: After last UEFN Update I can not "Launch Session" - Error: missing a GameFeatureData asset
I noticed over the last few days other people were having similar problems (each island is different so the issues were varied but the same result “FAILED TO VALIDATE FOR UPLOAD”).
Here are some examples:
Kazeek @michll: My map "broke" after today update
@Ampharel: Broken Project
@Oakleymakesgames: Getting a bunch of random bugs when I try to Launch a Session
@NATM0R: Impossible to launch a session (Game probably corrupted)

HERE IS THE SOLUTION I HAVE EMPLOYED <<<<

1. Create a new BLANK project.
  2. Open the misbehaving project.
  3. Find the LEVEL file in the content Browser.
  4. Right Click on the Level, Go to “Asset Actions” > Migrate
  5. Migrate the LEVEL to the NEW BLANK PROJECT
  6. CLOSE UEFM & RESTART it
  7. Open the new project and look for the migrated LEVEL in your PROJECT FOLDER (If you don’t see it, Exit and restart again)
  8. When you see it, open “GameFeatureData”, change the default level to the one you migrated, SAVE & Close
  9. Go to FILE > Open Level
  10. After it loads, click on “Launch Session”…., it SHOULD open a play session normally.
  11. You should also be able to upload to a Private Version AND do a Memory Test
  12. My experience was that the Memory Test Failed, being about 220/100
  13. What solved the memory issue for me:
    a. End the current session & close the window
    b. Open the original BLANK Level
    c. In your content browser find the LEVEL you migrated and DUPLICATE IT just for safety (will take a few mins)
    d. Then RENAME the MIGRATED LEVEL (will also take a few mins)
    e. Then reopen the RENAMED LEVEL
    f. Start a PLAY TEST session
    g. You should find the MEMORY USE is back down to normal levels (as long as “Streaming” is enabled in WORLD SETTINGS)
    h. I found that my memory usage in “The CardanoVerse” was 20% lower, so where it was 95/100, it is now 75/100 – possibly because extra bloated assets are removed…,
    I hope this works for you, (I tested this on two separate projects I was having problems with :smiley:) please post below your experience & results.

Cheers,
Carl

3 Likes

Thanks for tagging. I’m already re-doing my map, but I will definitely try it with new project to squeeze better memory usage when i complete it. I’ll let You know then.

1 Like

If you have a backup version of your original map, try this, might save you some time :slight_smile:

You forgot to include this topic too I think World Partition/Streaming/HLOD problems in 25.10?

Hope someone from staff can give us more info soon. I’m gonna try your solution and update my answer soon!

UPDATE: Finally got it working again! I only had the memory issue which got “resolved” by duplicating the level and using the duplicated one from now on. I quoted “resolved” because I had to reduce the loading range from 30k to 12k, but atleast it’s working now! Thank you Carl

1 Like

@Carl_Henry_Global How do you migrate your verse scripts in this workaround? The level and the contained creative devices migrated fine, but the creative devices all have “verse errors” that can’t find their verse classes. I copied the classes over manually but can’t find a way to associate the device instances in the level with their verse classes.

Hello @agent_disco,

I am not experienced with Verse Codes, I will look around for some clues.

It seems to me there must be a way to Export/Migrate/re-use Verse code (of all types) in new projects - If I was using custom Verse in my island I’d be looking for a way to transfer it all to the new project…,

I’ll keep looking :smiley:

Cheers!
Carl