Foliage has a Shadow noise/grain - How to fix it?

I am trying to render some Nanite foliage btue the TSR is giveing me a lot of grain/noise in the foliage shadows. If you focus in the trees and grass you can see them clearly.

What to do? what is the definitive solution for a crisp and clear render for a Virtual Produciton/InCamera VFX live recording?

Did you try other anti-aliasing methods?

Yes, the TAA is the best one but the image gets more blurier. =z

TSR

TAA

I know… I don’t have a solution. It’s related to foliage / Nanite / Lumen. I assume it’s going to improve…

It has to be a way sisnce they releases Fortnite in 5.1 and there is no grain in their foliage as se can see here:

That would be a very non-vanilla version of the engine. I also don’t see any moving foliage.

My grass dont move as well, but the noise in the TSR is just too strong.

1 Like

I just downloaded the MAWI Redwood Forest | Unreal Engine 5.1 Nanite Demo and they managed to avoid this noise in the shadows, i just need to know how =z

I know they are very into ‘early Z pass’, you might try that?

Having a look at it right now, ty!

1 Like

I just though, that’s probably not the answer, as it’s enabled on a project wide basis…

Maybe contact them and ask?

Well, I commented on their video asking for a solution LOL aahahha.

Besides that, I rendered my scene in 4 hours with MRQ and it look soo nice! Just having a little problems with some foliage shadows bumping from nothing in the begining, but I am pretty happy. (HD Version)

Now in realtime it is just impossible because of this current problem in the foliage shadows.

Tried all of the pass settings, not a single change. Sad.

You can contact them directly, I have, they answer…

support@mawiunited.com

1 Like

WIll try that, thanks very much!

1 Like

Be specific. Engine version, nanite or not etc… :wink:

Just sent them an email.

1 Like

Be interested to hear…

1 Like

No awnsers yet, really frustrating, dont wanna giveup in this project butdamn this is a huge let down.

Look at all this flickering and artifacts, such a mess…

Just keep going. I imagine they will release 5.1.1 soonish…