Foliage Error: Illegal property modification - FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent:OcclusionLayerNumNodes

When placing a foliage instance in the foliage tool, it works great! The problem is that when you paint the instance static meshes (Grass for example) I get a flood of errors in the Message Log.

Therefore, I have included the Error Log Below.

Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_0_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_17:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_0_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_16:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_0_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_15:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_0_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_14:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_0_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_13:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_0_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_12:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_0_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_2:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_0_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_1:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_0_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_0:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_1_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_28:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_1_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_27:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_1_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_26:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_1_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_25:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_1_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_24:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_1_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_23:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_1_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_18:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_1_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_1:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent
Illegal property modification: Property value differs from default: Property: ‘/HotLavaZoneWars/HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights.HotLavaZoneWars9_Ocean_Pointlights:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_25600_0_1_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_0:OcclusionLayerNumNodes’, Class /Script/Engine.HierarchicalInstancedStaticMeshComponent

I have made no changes to the static mesh and do not have the ability to make changes to the static mesh settings. I am not allowed to edit the material properties or mesh properties as the grass was downloaded to my referenceed folder purchased from FAB marketplace.

It would be great if I were able to fix the Occlusion Layer Num Nodes Error.

Ocean Collision Box error.
Not sure why but I have an error with the ocean collision box. I deleted the ocean and replaced. The error returns.

Ocean waves seam to be afftecting the foliage. The foliage is 100 units sloped above the ocean, and yet the waves are lifting all the foliage up and down on the Z Axis. very strange. This affects every single difference source of foliage, as long as it was placed with the foliage tool and is grouped in a Foliage Instance, the error occurs.

Unbuilt instance bounds error: Foliage instances.
It does not matter what project i open, and import referenced grass and flowers into, the error reproduces anytime I use the foliage tool. I am unable to modifyy referenced content from the FAB marketplace in UEFN.

And that is all for today! Thank you for allowing me to be apart of the bug-reporting community and for making fixes to these issues. I hope somebody will read these.

-Benjamin Hartman
Hot Lava Zonewars: 8436-5545-3010

@MYBOYBUNZ Thank you for your report! Can you please re-post using the “New Issue” option on the Issues and Bug Reporting forums ? Posts with this feature are connected directly into our development team so we can quickly get to them!

For more information, such as how to get the reference ID, please check out the article here: Using the Creative and UEFN Bug Reporting Form