After migrate the map to another project all the light m shadows broke.

I transferred the card from one of my projects to another using the Migrate function and everything went stable and works fine except for two more problems.

1. The first was that everything went white when I started the map.
    But I managed this problem by disabling the Infinite Extent (unbound) feature, I mention this fact because I’m not sure if this is the best solution to such a problem.

2. The second problem is that all the light on the map is mixed up as much as I could, you can see it in the screenshots.
    Also, the shadows from any light sources have become very sharp (can be seen in one of the screenshots. The first screenshot shows the type of light before the transfer to another project (its normal state).

Do both projects use the exact same Unreal Engine version? I ran into some VERY weird pixel coloring issues when migrating a project from latest UE 4 (4.27.1 I think?) to UE 5.0.

Hi Tendento,

You should also try diffing and/or copying the Project Settings. (/YourProject/Config/DefaultEditor.ini)

Hello, thank you for your reply! But both projects were used on the same version

Hi, unfortunately none of the above helped…
Is it possible that it is the post process or something similar? Maybe you need more screenshots?

Thanks for checking.

I don’t think more screenshots would be helpful, my prognosis is simply ‘Lighting Issues’ :stethoscope:

(I’m a bit rusty with my lighting skills)

You can toggle your post process volume on/off by clicking the eye next to it in the world outliner.

Have you tried building lighting? (Build → Build Lighting Only)

I’ve tried both building just the lighting and all at once. Nothing worked. Nothing happens at all when building lights separately.

Is it possible to build all the lighting again or is there any way to reset all the lighting to the original setting? From the project that I transferred I needed only the map and map assemblies, nothing else from the previous project was needed, but transferred everything, and now everything is mixed up and nothing is clear. Maybe I should just delete the project and the new project again transferred only the map?

Hi again,

Migrating again to a new project sounds like a good idea. If you do the ‘Migrate’ function on the map/level it will detect assets used in that level and migrate only those. (Helpful for doing a ‘clean’ transfer without unused assets)

In the ‘World Settings’ tab there is a checkbox for ‘Force no precomputed lighting’ - this can be used to clear built lighting.

Swapping lights from Static to Moveable could also change how their shadows look.

How do I move my card more properly using Migrate? Just migrate the level file? Maybe I’m doing something wrong? I can’t explain the reason of such problems when I migrate the whole level cleanly.

Right-click on your level in the Content Browser and select ‘Migrate’. You’ll see a pop-up with all the detected references about to be migrated.

I think your use of the word “card” may be a mistranslation. I’m not sure exactly what you’re referring to.

I need to move purely the house located on the map, not the map itself, in fact it’s walls, floor and ceiling.(of course with rooms inside). That’s all I want to get out of the old project.

Ok, I think the easiest way to do this would be:

Inside of your old project, in a new-blank(empty) map → Place the walls etc

Then migrate just that map to a new project. (Relevant wall etc meshes + materials + textures will be detected and migrated)

Then you’ll have a nice clean map, ready to be re-lit.

1 Like

Transferring to a new project using your method really helped me! Thank you very much.

Can you help me with a new question?