Why is the bottom of the mesh dark only when using VR preview?

Thank you for your comment. I read your comment and have conducted various research. I’ll illustrate them.

First, I’ll show the outline of the model.

1 . I created the model using the “Virtual Reality template”. Then, I created new level using the “Basic”. The “Basic” level includes the following actors and they are set “movable” by default.

• DirectionalLight
  • ExponentialHeightFog
  • SkyAtomosphere
  • SkyLight
  • SM_SkySphere
  • VolumetricCloud

As an additional point, the “dynamic global illumination method” I use is Lumen, and I do not utilize “Hardware Ray Tracing”. These are the default settings. And, I’m using UE5.3.2.

2 . However, the “Basic” level’s sky looks dark and this problem has been pointed out in the following link:

So, I changed some rendering settings.

• Project Settings > Engine > Rendering > Support Sky Atmosphere Affecting Height Fog [Check]
  • Project Settings > Engine > Rendering > Forward Renderer >Forward Shading [Uncheck]

3 . After restarting the application, I created something like a building.

4 . After that, I previewed it, but the bottom of mesh looks dark. This problem only occurs during VR preview.

Second, I am wondering if it’s possible to use the “Forward Shading” feature during VR preview. Because I tried unchecking ‘Forward Shading’ and previewed it, I was able to see the same image on both screen of “outliner” and “VR preview”.Please refer to the attached image.

I wish I could use “Forward Shading” during VR preview. If anyone has additional information, please feel free to share.