What Are You Working On? Community Screenshots & Videos

Some new shots from our warrior project:

We also worked on a snow shader with which you can blend in snow on all kinds of surfaces via vertex painting. Works really well with tessellation and SSS :).

For more head over to our thread:
.unrealengine/showthread.php?87803-Warrior

Gif showing vertex painting on floor tiles

is Prerendered territory. The snow/ice shader is amazing. Any it be on marketplace?

=h5BnNuBqY94

Hi guys!
Just finished New York city rooftop environment as part of 3 week university project, I’ll have one week before Christmas to make some changes so would really appreciate some critique.

Got some higher res images on my artstation too, www.artstation/artist/johncarney

www.artstation/artist/johncarney

comes a further developed version of the starting room of the game.

is how a scene and the transitions between places in the scene could work in game.
once the charakter moves near another place, there will be a short cameraflight.
some of these flights will be soft scrolling while character is moving (starting point moving to the right and looking to the ladder), some will be real short flights (e.g. from starting position up to the storage room )
recorded with shadowplay in 4k with 15-20 fps fully unoptimized.

=M4EL2N9iBFM

what do you think of it ?

Veerrry nice looking enviroment! I like the lightning and vibrant colours, and the fact that not everything is overly metallic or glossy.

Transitions seem working at least in the video. Some of the camera movements perhaps stop a bit abrubtly to my tastes- adding a slowing down key as a brake would make them a bit smoother. Then
again I worked years in cutscenes so I am overly picky for those :P. Is the main character on the screen all the time btw or is it like first person? If the character is visible all the time, maybe the camera movement animations might
get a bit “noisy” after a while and simple fixed/semi fixed cameras with slight pans and camera interest centered at the character could work better. Thats something you have to test with the character moving though, if there will be that .:slight_smile:

Biggest question probably though is, how does player realize what area he can zoom into, what objects examine etc? The room is very nice looking but also very dense, so its hard to figure what are important objects and what are not.
Of course is something that clears up when playing, but if there is not any hint such as popups/edge lines/tooltips, there is a it might become just randomly clicking around until something happens? Keep up nice work!

Wow, is looking fantastic. Beautiful lightning, I totaly love it.

These last couple of posts have been incredible, keep up the great work everyone!

Hi Manatee,
thx for the very kind words ! they really lift my spirit :wink:

• transistions should be more smooth in compiled and optimized game. keep in mind is live recorded with nvidea shadowplay in 4k with 15-20 fps now.
    the transitions should have already a little easing at the start and end. maybe i should make it more pronounced.
  • the main character would be on screen most of the time. but e.g. going up the ladder will change to only first person mode. so we dont have to create the animation for it.
  • i know what you mean that the camera movement might get annoying when used to often. will have to proof itself when we are further on the prototype.
  • yeah i know the room is very dense, i always seem to mess them up with all these stuff, but i hope to get it working that not all objects on the screen will have a hotspot, so the player should have enough options to get immersed in the environment without getting lost into it.
    hope makes sense at all :wink:

@ SchnitzelDude:
thx for your kind words, too. We are neighbours somehow. i live in münster :wink:

Working on the first official teaser of our upcoming game !

=K6hZtXz3e4k

Projector Bot

My latest creation for our game, a robot that will project our menu.

[sketchfab]81b7ba0a5dad4c6b8b98c4c2f3d7351f[/sketchfab]

**** physics. Im a plane!

media.giphy/media/l41lKQUTsjl7Ifrqw/giphy.gif

's another prop from my upcoming pack. See more !

Its a technical & artistic achievement for sure! Those candles frames, & rain on windows! By the way, how do you animated the windows. Flipbook? Any tips? I hope to do similar with my adventure game as well.

I have one comment thought, why not make it first person normal navigation, if it is fully 3D? It is a throw back to 90s adventure games like Myst?

Looks great. Just feel teh turning speed is a bit too much, & giving me a headache. Any thoughts of slowing down the turning speed?

Hi I have made a new video of my Doom remake on unreal engine 4
?v=2KtaU5NVGSw

I like that doom stuff :3 But the last guy who tried that was sentenced to wash dirty cloth. :c

Heres another contribution from me:

://orig05.deviantart.net/8345/f/2015/319/b/0/tomb_creator_2_by_felikahn-d9grwbu.jpg

Knife-action in hospital WC:

medical station

some medical station

Always impressed by what I see on thread… is a short clip of my game jam entry… wish didn’t kill the quality so much.

=_sxkBY6nFxE