Weird ambient occlusion in corners in UE5 - Lumen

Hi! I’m a Archviz artist migrating from UE4, trying the new wonders of UE5 and Lumen, but I have encountered this problem and have been two days that i’m searching and no one seam to talk about this wich is the weird shadows in the corners when using Lumen
to demonstrate i have this images below:

If you see in the corners of the walls and the encounter of the wall with the ceiling has this weird shadow that should not exist. I’ve tried turning off anbient occlusion, different modeling methods, different lighting, rendering in a bigger resolution… so i dont what to do to fix this.
Can you guys help?

Looks like they are probably screen space artifacts, check out the Lumen debug views under lit.

1 Like

What version of UE5 are you on? I believe some versions of UE5 have an issue where ambient occlusion isn’t applied properly over the scene, which can create strange artifacts.

Lumen’s main GI solver isn’t great with super-fine detail, so they have an AO pass to paint in high-frequency shadowing, which doesn’t always look better than before.

1 Like

There are some CVARS for adjusting the intensity of that AO or SSAO like effect, but I can’t find them right now. Will reply later if no one else knows them.

1 Like

I’m currently using the UE5.3 version but it was a problem in the 5.2 aswell