"We Hit A RoadBlock" | UEFN Session infinite Loading / Won't launch

Reference ID

2fab476f-4edf-03c8-bf1c-5a9526f2087b

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Summary

UEFN session won’t load. It loads the game like it should normally, but takes a very long time. It then puts me in the Creative Lobby area, and says Live edit is connecting, and it loads again back to the lobby saying “We Hit a Roadblock”.

No issues with validation, everything checks out. It was working prior to the update with the Fortnite Reload

This is specific to this Island that I am working on. I have tried with multiple other islands, they all seem to be working fine.

Steps to Reproduce

Launch the session like normal and Click “Launch Session”

Expected Result

Session connects allowing player to access and live edit

Observed Result

“We hit a Roadblock” Session could not be connected

Platform(s)

windows

Island Code

0620-5883-0671

Additional Notes

I have been working on this project since UEFN launched, and its one of my most passion able projects. I do not want to loose the progress I have made over the months.

The same problem happened to me and it’s been going on for two days now… I guess there’s nothing we can do about it.

1 Like

just done the 3GB update 22:00 GMT 29 June for Fortnite/UEFN
As usual have run Verify to fix any potential problems

How to run “verify” after an update to avoid problems

Loaded High Garden Sanatorium version 2.1 in Fortnite
cant find anything wrong

Obviously we are not collaborators as in
Collaborating in Unreal Editor for Fortnite | Unreal Editor for Fortnite Documentation | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)

So as you can see have Loaded into Fortnite.
if you try UEFN try to get the Revision control to check your project is still good and working ok.
Please remember before you close your work to send your changes to revision Control

Although you may not want to actually collaborate with others its best to use the same thing as this saves your project.

If something goes wrong with your PC you can just go to another PC load up UEFN/Fortnite and pull down the project onto your PC and if an update fails then your project wont be lost.

DONT put this on OneDrive use something like
User\Owner\UnrealEngine\Projects.
Windows 11 ALWAYS puts projects on OneDrive

Hey there,

I appreciate you taking the time to check it out. I can play the current version just fine as well. ITs the UEFN project part that wont let me load in.

I have the verification on, And also Revision control has no issues detected. I cannot rack my brain what is stopping me from playing it.

This is what happens when loading that specific project. Fortnite goes not responding, or will just put me back in lobby.

adding on

I have spent a lot of time doing all sorts of things to fix it. I am pretty sure at this point the error is not on my end. I have duplicated, Migrated, Copied the projected to other folders, nothing is working.

And when I tried the Duplication, It just gave me 500+ Errors, all of them are Fortnite Devices, but UEFN says they are illegal. If I were to use it, Its an insane amount of work, just to get my project back working.

I would like a Dev to take attention of this please. Hopefully this is fixed on next update.

I am a working guy, and I have spent ungodly hours trying to get this fixed, I cannot spend any more time. Please Help!

Fortnite 2024.07.01 - 08.01.32.01

Error code that I receive every time in UEFN -

LogNet: Warning: UNetConnection::Tick: Connection TIMED OUT. Closing connection… Elapsed: 30.01, Real: 30.01, Good: 30.01, DriverTime: 417.07, Threshold: 30.00, [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 15.184.37.174:15085, Name: IpConnection_3, Driver: Name:IpNetDriver_3 Def:BeaconNetDriver IpNetDriver_3, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: ValkyrieBeaconClient_3, UniqueId: MCP:b9c884831cb94d60b655927ec27fd530
LogNet: Error: UEngine::BroadcastNetworkFailure: FailureType = ConnectionTimeout, ErrorString = UNetConnection::Tick: Connection TIMED OUT. Closing connection… Elapsed: 30.01, Real: 30.01, Good: 30.01, DriverTime: 417.07, Threshold: 30.00, [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 15.184.37.174:15085, Name: IpConnection_3, Driver: Name:IpNetDriver_3 Def:BeaconNetDriver IpNetDriver_3, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: ValkyrieBeaconClient_3, UniqueId: MCP:b9c884831cb94d60b655927ec27fd530, Driver = Name:IpNetDriver_3 Def:BeaconNetDriver IpNetDriver_3
LogValkyrieRequestManagerEditor: Warning: Encountered Network Error!
LogValkyrieRequestManagerEditor: Error: Failed to handle connection attempt (Network error occurred when connecting to a server after matchmaking completed. Error: UNetConnection::Tick: Connection TIMED OUT. Closing connection… Elapsed: 30.01, Real: 30.01, Good: 30.01, DriverTime: 417.07, Threshold: 30.00, [UNetConnection] RemoteAddr: 15.184.37.174:15085, Name: IpConnection_3, Driver: Name:IpNetDriver_3 Def:BeaconNetDriver IpNetDriver_3, IsServer: NO, PC: NULL, Owner: ValkyrieBeaconClient_3, UniqueId: MCP:b9c884831cb94d60b655927ec27fd530)

Seems like the connection is timing out.

1 Like

The status of FORT-765056 incident has been moved from ‘Unconfirmed’ to ‘Needs Triage’.

1 Like

Im having the same problem, please let me know if you find a fix

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

I sure will brother. Hope there is a fix Soon!

hi @Peaceful Ghost,
Do you have Fortnight Reloaded installed from the Epic Launcher.
If not ,Install this run in Fortnite.
Now come out back to the Island login Screen.
Load up Create 2.0 from “By Epic” section, When loading you should see a screen
taken from the YouTube video
“Network Connection Lost” Creative Fix for Error We Hit A Roadblock - Fortnite (youtube.com)

Some content is loading sometimes it can be a box saying updating.

Go to the Rift with arrow keys type e for the console make a new Island games from the “testing devices” name it DevTest.
Open island.
start the game, stop the game.
Now add all the Fortnite Devices that your UEFN game uses, just put any where.
Start the game again, Check every device is there working.
Stop the game now go back to the lobby and close Fortnite with the Red X
Confirm you want to leave Fortnite.

Open up UEFN in my games should be DevTest with and icon meaning Fortnite Creative.
Double click on this and to start the importer.

Check the output log to see if any failure has occurred.

I found this is the Skydome device was replaced by Day Sequence which is no longer supported in UEFN and the replacement of SkyDome was not in Fortnite Creative 2.0

This way all the UEFN bits of code have been checked and all the devices working.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I will be happy to check this when I get the chance, however to make it clear, This project was initiated in UEFN to start with. No devices from 1.0 have been used / imported here.

I have also tried the other trick as mentioned. By creating a new island, launching game and exiting the game, and coming back to the project at hand, which again fails with same error.

I will try this and see if it works.

@PeacefulGhost could we get your client and UEFN logs for this so we can take a look?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey, I am happy to share. Here are the logs as requested on the instructions. Unfortunately my zip size is 39 MB, which is exceeding the max reply size, so I have uploaded it to my Drive, and here is the link. There is no password or anything -

Thank you!

1 Like

Downloaded. :slight_smile:

1 Like