VR Game Template

[=;118670]
Understood, I was actually wondering about that. Does mean it is best to stay with the previous version for each release when both SDK and UE4 version are available, otherwise you will have one without the other. But anyway, really looking forward to your next release.

Oh yeah, one thing I noticed with the characternoheadbob was that when you run and look down you can see your body in front of you, is just because I’m not looking through the rift? (as I don’t have mine yet).
[/]

Thanks,
On the staying with older versions of the engine it is hard but I generally keep the previous version of the engine installed and use both for a little bit. But it is hard for both Epic and Oculus because both are trying to race to get better software out there and sometimes their schedules just don’t align.
The character head is really because the blue guy’s animations are from the 3rd person template and not prefect for first person however I don’t notice it while in the Rift.

Now that the 4.4.1 preview integrates the newest sdk properly, will you be updating template? :slight_smile:

[=spire8989;123662]
Now that the 4.4.1 preview integrates the newest sdk properly, will you be updating template? :slight_smile:
[/]

Hmm not sure if “properly” is quite the right word just yet :slight_smile: There’s one bug where I can no longer get the HMD position in blueprints in 4.4.1 which basically breaks my out of camera range detection and body IK, so as soon as that’s fixed I’ll update it.

[=;123706]
Hmm not sure if “properly” is quite the right word just yet :slight_smile: There’s one bug where I can no longer get the HMD position in blueprints in 4.4.1 which basically breaks my out of camera range detection and body IK, so as soon as that’s fixed I’ll update it.
[/]

4.4.1-preview, or the 4.4.1 hotfix? I think spire8989 was speaking of the hotfix version.

[=;123717]
4.4.1-preview, or the 4.4.1 hotfix? I think spire8989 was speaking of the hotfix version.
[/]

Yeah, the 4.4.1 hotfix anyway. I haven’t had the problem you mentioned, seems to work okay in blueprint for me…

Ah. I see what you mean now. Was doing mine differently. Guess we’ll have to wait til the full hotfix comes out. :slight_smile:

[=spire8989;123724]
Yeah, the 4.4.1 hotfix anyway. I haven’t had the problem you mentioned, seems to work okay in blueprint for me…

Ah. I see what you mean now. Was doing mine differently. Guess we’ll have to wait til the full hotfix comes out. :slight_smile:
[/]

Ah ****, so it has that problem in the hotfix too? Sucky.

[=;123726]
Ah ****, so it has that problem in the hotfix too? Sucky.
[/]

Wait the hotfix isn’t out yet is it? I believe it will be fixed in the release of 4.4.1

[]

1. The positional tracking issues were a bug with the blueprint node for Get Position and Orientation, which we’ve just integrated a fix for, so it should make it into the final hotfix.
    [/]
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?30474-4-4-1-Hotfix-Preview

[=;123737]
Wait the hotfix isn’t out yet is it? I believe it will be fixed in the release of 4.4.1
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?30474-4-4-1-Hotfix-Preview
[/]

I think it is out, they mention changing the launcher shortcut option to get access to the download in the thread you linked.

[=;123739]
I think it is out, they mention changing the launcher shortcut option to get access to the download in the thread you linked.
[/]

I think that might be a preview for the hotfix? or maybe I’m getting the term hotfix confused?

[=;123744]
I think that might be a preview for the hotfix? or maybe I’m getting the term hotfix confused?
[/]

It’s a hotfix for the issues in the 4.4.1 preview build that was released. Should be released too if they’re talking about getting access to it in the launcher downloads via the shortcut switch.

Edit: I think you can just edit the launcher shortcut with that switch and it should give an option to download the hotfix for 4.4.1 preview, basically. Presumably you want 4.4.1 installed first.

[=;123745]
It’s a hotfix for the issues in the 4.4.1 preview build that was released. Should be released too if they’re talking about getting access to it in the launcher downloads via the shortcut switch.

Edit: I think you can just edit the launcher shortcut with that switch and it should give an option to download the hotfix for 4.4.1 preview, basically. Presumably you want 4.4.1 installed first.
[/]

Yeah I’m using it now and it still has the blueprint HMD position bug

[=;123750]
Yeah I’m using it now and it still has the blueprint HMD position bug
[/]

Sucks :confused:

Maybe we’ll get a hotfix hotfix.

[=;110961]
Any for a VR Template based on the Couch Knights Demo?

VR Camera on a fixed Place and a free running Character controlled over Keyboard/Gamepad.

I’m too much a Beginner to extract out of the Couch Knights Demo.
[/]

Anything new about that? :slight_smile:

Hope it’s ok I ask again after 3 Weeks. ^^

P.S. hope the Bug is fixed soon.

[=;125792]
Anything new about that? :slight_smile:

Hope it’s ok I ask again after 3 Weeks. ^^

P.S. hope the Bug is fixed soon.
[/]

Yeah, to be honest I haven’t had a to even start as the DK2 took a little more work than I thought especially because the templates became sort of a side, side project because of school and work. I’m just wondering if there’s anything in particular that you don’t understand about couch knights and maybe I can try and help with it until I get some free time?

OK now that 4.4.1 is officially released here are the updates:
https://.com//UE4FirstPersonVRTemplate/releases
https://.com//UE4SpaceShooterVRTemplate/releases
Current bugs that I’m aware of are

1. I kept distortion scale as an option in the menu but It will do nothing for now
  2. changing the screen percentage when in direct mode causes the display to lock up and freeze.
  3. the FPS in the menu is not accurate
    If anyone finds any other glaringly obvious bugs let me know, I suspect there will be some. thanks Oh and I’ll get around to making a video tomorrow but I think is me done for tonight.

Edit: just remembered to get positional tracking to register you’ll need to reset orientation and position ,you can do with ‘shift’ + ‘r’

[=;127552]
OK now that 4.4.1 is officially released here are the updates:
https://.com//UE4FirstPersonVRTemplate/releases
https://.com//UE4SpaceShooterVRTemplate/releases
Current bugs that I’m aware of are

1. I kept distortion scale as an option in the menu but It will do nothing for now
  2. changing the screen percentage when in direct mode causes the display to lock up and freeze.
  3. the FPS in the menu is not accurate
    If anyone finds any other glaringly obvious bugs let me know, I suspect there will be some. thanks Oh and I’ll get around to making a video tomorrow but I think is me done for tonight.
    [/]

Hey , I’m still following template. Thanks for adding the DK2 support so quickly after the 4.4.1 release! helps out so so much.

Cheers for the update, about to start implementing the blueprints into my project =]

Thank you very much for the update.

i already do my own template but i learning alot from your template, will take a look. Thanks for share.

Alright two new videos