Unreal 5.1 Freeze

Stopping occurs in all editors such as material editors, level editors, and content browsers.

It also occurs at the moment when the mouse cursor is raised on the node or the cursor is raised on the reset.

The reason cannot be determined because it has stopped and there is no log, but it is understood as a problem in the editor.
RTX3070, GTX1080Ti, and Redeon 6800XT all have the same symptoms and did not occur in 5.0.

Unreal’s explanation I’m guessing it happens when the UI appears.

Unreal check box (?) floating on top of window

Hey there @Hong2ri! This is an odd one, it doesn’t seem like it’s tied to GPU since it’s happening on all of those. I’ve seen something kind of like this when a user had a really high res and DPI monitor that was breaking some UI elements and making the engine freeze upon any hover. I couldn’t find that thread though, here’s a different thread with a not so similar issue that might help with some insight.

1 Like

This thread might be related:

As I posted in that thread, since 5.1 I’ve been getting full pc freezes, and they seem to occur at the same timing that you describe - when mousing over UI elements such as nodes in one of the editors or an element in the Content Browser window. For me, the symptom seems to be a GPU crash/freeze/time-out, but it’s possible that the cause of this problem is the same.

2 Likes