Unreal 4.26 Ocean Foam

Yes, i know this issue, but the ripples also not working by me after i implement this texture i have searched, now it’s working.

Today I downloaded UE4 preview7 from Git, and foam is still working, but only in Constant Water Depth Mode.
Material M_Fluid_Sim_01 is same as your. The texture is missing.
Where is the problem? OMG :smiley:

Dudes,
I played with 4.26 preview 7 from Github. I don’t know why, but everything is OK.
I created new map, placed water, Fluidsim BP and with minor modifications it works.
Check the video :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t know where you have these materials and textures SimMid, NormalsMid TextureRenderTarged2D, can not find in the release version.

These textures are automatically attached, try Simulate playing and check this out.
I don’t know, where are saved too.

dude this work with the release ?

No, in the release working only ripples on my side.
This is preview 7 version from Github.

Hi Smile, yeah i see when i try simulate there are showing up, can i download the preview 7 again, or is only possible on git i have a account?
Will try to compare the differents of material creation and textures i think there that’s a shader issue.

Yeah, you can download preview 7 only from git. You must been registered on Git and connected with epic account, I think.

Ok i have try the preview7 to install and i don’t get it to work cause i have only vs code not studio , don’t know how i do this with the cpp tools, abyway there have an update to 4.26.1
and i have try this after downloading the shallow water mode i have this result:

Try to enlarge in BP FluidSim Visual FPS and enlarge simulation world size. Or try to shrink force from character.

On github you have instalation guide to instal UE. I’am using visual studio 2019 and you must have downloaded C++ library. Without coding, only download and build. It’s easy :slight_smile:

Ok, have try the settings and it works good at the time, but white foam not aktive, it’s not showing up.
Here is the new result:

unfortunately the foam doesn’t work even in version 4.26.1

Yeah i know this issue that’s while i am wonderering they have not solve this in the update so many members know it and now effect the same at the release.
But when you have preview 7, we can try out together to solve this problem, the only way to do that is compare with pictures i think.

4.26.1 hotfix seems to have broken the ripple solver for me too. 4.26.0 I had it working with ever little issue. I’m curious if maybe the issue for a lot of this stuff is references in the engine content.

No problem, I will give you screens, only tell me which :slight_smile:

I might have figured this out. It seems to be a reference issue with FoamRT. It’s a render target file that was in the project files for the beach scene. I don’t know if this will solve your issue but it fixed Ripple Solver for me.

Hi @sanford87, @SmilleR6R
I am trying to implement ripple for boat along with foam, now I have installed source build version preview 7, as suggested by @SmilleR6R. Looks like foam is working a bit, but now I am not getting ripple, from past 3 days I am taring my hairs for this. Foam is working with default BP_Fluid_Impulse_Repeating, with very low ripples.

Nothing else is working, BP_Dynamic_Force_Component, BP_FluidSim_01

Thanks in advance

Try to change “Terrain Mode” in BP FluidSim. Constant Water Depth makes small ripples

Have inspected the water material and i found some issues in the function beach foam and in sample fluid simulation first Beach Foam:

and the second is Sample Fluid Simulation:

Don’t know how to solve this try to conpare with preview 7.
Also i have look in the long video they use niagara particle effect, must be implemented or show it up automalic in the water material?