Unreal 4.26 Ocean Foam

the foam does not work for me in the test level also. if someone from the unreal team (or someone for whom the test level works) can comment on this, it would definitely be helpful.

Yes, it’s not working for me too :frowning:
I saw a Japanese tutorial, but without success.

I reported it as a bug, I hope Unreal Team will create a ticket and someone fix it for us)

Nice.
I downloaded UE4 preview 5 from Github and it´s working.
Interesting is, when i delete BP_Fluidsim_01 and then add it to map, it´s not working :smiley:

Edit: I don´t know why, but version from Github take 101GB space and release 4.26 from Launcher have 37GB

Wow, needs to try it out!

could you send github links? thanx

You must been registred on Github to see this.

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/tags

Any progress with fluid foam?

Thanks for that!
I went through every setting a few days ago (one-by-one) but wouldn’t have guessed to set these two params in particular.

1 Like

Still not working on my side, waiting for 4.26.1 with hope they fixed it

Same, I hope too
I’am waiting for water few year :smiley:

Well, can’t say for the same period, but I been trying couple times to create my own FFT solution but failed 2 times, almost started round 3 with HLSL shader code in material to be able to debug it with RenderDoc but Unreal announced Ocean, on next week after that we started to migrate our game to Unreal))) Now foam is only one thing we are not able to add to scene for capture a video(

I had hoped that someone from the unreal team would also comment on this topic.

Trying to understand what’s wrong. I downloaded and build 4.26.1 from Git, opened this level and it’s still not working. Can you please срулс this material and say what missing texture in this node? I think if you can see foam working then material should compile.

Maybe someone else could check?

osiris_dev

I’am really sorry, I deleted this preview last week, because I heavn’t space on my disc.

hallo,
in other materials, in the water content, i discovered further errors when compiling.

Hi, inspected a little this thing, by the way, i have try the RT_Foam texture and now i have the ripples, i use the release from ue4.26, don’t know that’s the right way, but it works and the error is gone at the moment.

The ripples are working fine, foam have problem. It’s not working.

The foam its not working