UEFN replays doesn't work.

Reference ID

Not needed for this issue.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Summary

Replay files from UEFN maps does not want to open. When i open a replay file from any UEFN map it says ‘‘Failed to download required replay data.’’

Steps to Reproduce

Go into any UEFN map. Then after you’re in the game leave and go to the replays and open the most recent replay file.

Expected Result

The replay file would open normally, exactly like the battle royale and creative 1.0 replay files.

Observed Result

the replay file won’t open and you will go back to the replays ( lobby ) with a error message saying ‘‘Failed to download required replay data.’’

Platform(s)

PC (all rendering modes). I haven’t tried any other platforms.

Island Code

all UEFN islands. The map doesn’t matter as long the replay file is from UEFN map.

Additional Notes

This happens in UEFN maps not in the UEFN editor. I know that the UEFN editor sessions won’t be recorded.

UGH! Thought i was the only person experiencing this. Hopefully its fixed soon.

3 Likes

UCB-1068 incident has been created. Status is ‘Awaiting Validation’.

We’re aware of this issue and should have a fix coming in a future update. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Hate to be that guy but do you happen to have an ETA on the fix? At least a ballpark. A day, a week, a month?

I actually took a week off from my day job to work on my content and actually can’t now because of this bug.

1 Like

Another bug…

Also facing this issue.

Can confirm. Found a fun UEFN map and wanted to make a video in it, found out I couldn’t because of this.

Same bug i believe it will be fix in next days

same issue, believe it to be fixed a future update.

still broken even with the yesterday update :frowning:

3 Likes

Also getting this bug. so frustrating because im wanting to make video’s on my creative map 5351-7589-8228 but none of the games were working in the replay folder grrr… how can i promote my maps?

1 Like

Getting the same issue here when trying to replay my unpublished UEFN map to make thumbnails for publishing.

3 Likes

I have been in contact with many people, just to playtest the map and capture the replay, to make the map trailer. And now I’m hit with this bug, which apparently has been out for multiple weeks. Come on Epic…

2 Likes

I’m still getting this issue. I just wanna take photos of my new update before it gets approved!

2 Likes

@bnwkr Thank you for your report! Can you please re-post using the “New Issue” option on the Issues and Bug Reporting forums? Posts with this feature are connected directly into our development team so we can quickly get to them!

For more information, such as how to get the reference ID, please check out the article here: Using the Creative and UEFN Bug Reporting Form

2 Likes

I have created [Replays] Failed to download required replay data

3 Likes

Getting the same issue right now for all replays in the last few days. I seen new features on creative since last update so I assume bugs would be possible. Just unfortunate it had to happen when I needed to use replay mode. Please fix for next patch.

2 Likes

im having this issue again… any updates on this? are replays working atm for others?

1 Like

No, they haven’t been working for me for a week or two now. I have a game sat waiting to publish because I can’t make a trailer for it.

1 Like

Approaching 3 months of replays being broken.
Is there a timeline for getting this fixed?

2 Likes