[UE5] Nanite bugged in new version of UE5?

Same issue.I open a new project and DX12 is by default,nothing changes.So werid.

It fixed the issue for me. Thanks

1 Like

I solved the problem now!Go check if there is a D3D12Core.dll in C:\Windows\System32.If not just upgrade your windows to the latest version and you will find it in the folder.Then go to project settings,make sure RHI setting as DX12!This works fine with project based on unreal5 earlier acess and does not require file migration!

UE5 will not check if the computer support DirectX12 or not.So you should check by yourself.Otherwise RHI setting as DX12 will not work!

I’m also switching to Vulkan. I tried to switch to DirectX 12 but, while fixing Nanite, it has issues with Lumen, more specifically with translucency. My map is a forest so the trees’ shadows are pitch black. Worse than Early Access!
Both Nanite and Lumen translucency worked fine in Preview 2, so I hope this setback is temporary.
Meanwhile, Vulkan it is!

1 Like

The same issue was happening to me. In my case, I converted the existing 4.27 (large scale including World composition) project, and many functions such as Nanite Overview did not work as well as everyone else.

This thread should always be on top. I’m glad that there are many people who have the same problem as me. I hope it can be resolved.

And Okay, RHI > change DX12 is successful my project

It works for my project. Thanks!

Had also an EA2 project converted to the released version. Switching to dx12 worked for me aswell!
Thanks a lot :+1:

I’ve enabled directx 12 but Nanite and the nanite visualization isn’t working.

1 Like

I have a same problem. It works only DX11, but without Nanite correctly.

1 Like

Try switching to Vulkan.
Or be sure you have (SM6, Experimental) checked in Project Settings.

Worked great for me, thanks! The Nanite lighting is now behaving quite odd:

In googling around I found I can make it a bit better with the following console command “r.RayTracing.NormalBias 5”, it still has the artifacts but they are not as near severe. Anyone else now having this issue?

1 Like

Someone in the discord said that the problem is with some Windows being too old now… which is weird because Nanite worked fine in Preview 2 with my OS+GPU.

My System32 folder doesn’t contain D3D12Core.dll but Preview 2 worked perfectly in terms of nanite… is there a way to just update/add this file rather than updating Windows entirely?

Can someone from Epic confirm this?

Thanks.

2 Likes

@vfXander Yup even with SM6, Experimental checked it still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Okay, so I just upgraded Windows and all is well! If setting it to DX12 doesn’t do it for you, then you have to update.

Update Windows… that’s what did it for me.

Equal for me:
updating to Windows 10 build 18363.1350

I’m having this problem as well on my mac

@decksounds13

My windows version is 1809. I tried using nanite on another workstation that has windows 10 20h2 version installed and it still doesn’t work. Directx 12 and sm6 are both checked.

There’s another workstation that has the latest windows version installed, but I haven’t tried nanite there yet. Will update when I do.

for those who do not work Nanite on the old version of windows

add a line to DefaultEngine.ini / RendererSettings
r.Nanite.RequireDX12=0

it helped me
i use winver 1809

8 Likes