UE5: "Landscape Physical Material Needs to be Rebuilt"

not resolved, epic needs to answer to this asap. TY epic.

4 Likes

not resolved in 5.3 anyway. Same error, please if you would revoke resolved :wink:

ty

2 Likes

facing the same error in 5.3

1 Like

I also have the same issue…but thanks all the comments here it looks like a 5.3 issues, prob a bug, expiclaly since it says that even when I just created a new landscape.

6 Likes

Ty Lara for verify helps to know we just need to wait, together.

1 Like

Click play level and when the character is on the ground, everything will work, it worked for me.

15 Likes

Yes, click play level and you’re done with the error.

5 Likes

LOL. How do you get rid of it in the editor though…?

1 Like

Unreal Sensei mentions we can ignore this setting, it affects nothing… Hope this helps. I just run into it my self when migrating project from 5.2 to 5.3 and Build Level did not help… I’ll just ignore it from now on…

4 Likes

I do not understand the question! I wrote how to get rid of it, after which this error does not occur. How to get rid of it globally is up to the creators… More specific please.

1 Like

It may not be a problem, but it’s also not normal. It needs fixing, plus it could be affecting something else Given at the moment, we don’t know what’s causing it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, guess we can just ignore it until 5.4 is released xD.

Same here

1 Like

hey im completely brand new to this and im following a youtube tutorial and everytime i try to create my landscape i get that error msg landscape physical material needs to be rebuilt and looked on here and alot i dont understand my discord is gimby20 please let me know how to fix this over a screen share? that would be very helpful

I don’t know if this will help anyone else, but I figured I would put this here just in case. I have been following a tutorial online and ran into this issue out-of-the-blue. However, I was able to make the message go away by chance, and after fumbling around, figured out what I did.

In the editor towards the top where you can press “play” to begin playing your game, I noticed that mine said “simulate” with an icon that looked like a play icon with a couple gears underneath it. Clicking on the three dots to the right of the play controls (it’s the “Change Play Mode and Play Settings” dropdown menu), I switched the mode from “Simulate” to “Selected Viewport” which removed the message.

I am currently using Unreal Engine 5.3, so I don’t know if this works for earlier versions, or if it will work for everyone. But I recommend at least giving it a try if you’re using a setting that is not “Selected Viewport” and you’re seeing this error with a landscape currently added to your map. I hope this helps someone!

28 Likes

Me too, I have the same problem!

1 Like

This is the only thing that worked for me (on 5.3). Wish OP would pin your comment as the solution to save others wasting 45 mins trying everything else like I did XD.

I agree, though I didn’t even need to change the mode, just did play once and the message was gone and hasn’t reappeared :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It works! thanks!

I can’t get rid of it either.

I’m shipping with this message.