UE5: "Landscape Physical Material Needs to be Rebuilt"

Getting the error message “Landscape Physical Material Needs to be Rebuilt” when painting layers. I am not using a physical material, unless there is one in the background. I tried rebuilding with no results.

Anyone getting this on a landscape ported from UE4?

21 Likes

I’m getting this on a landscape I newly created in UE5. Very frustrating… It looks to me like “Rebuild Physical Material” doesn’t actually do anything as there’s no output or any indication it’s actually done something.

8 Likes

Same problem UE5, sorted though by loading all the grids in world partition and then running Build all levels.

4 Likes

Same probelm, any fix for this?

1 Like

I found a temporal solution:

1: Change Select Mode to Landscape Mode
2: Select Resize and choose the same size as your actual landscape
3: Click on Apply and get some magic :wink:

15 Likes

Can you make video or photo pleas because i don’t see manag in landscape mood

1 Like

Hello everyone.

I have run into this concern as well. I found that if I go to Build>Build All Landscape, I can resolve the ‘physical material needs to rebuilt’ error.

I wish you the best in your world building.

30 Likes

Thanks to you, I solved it.

Didn’t work for me, its still showing the error message :frowning:

12 Likes

Same. I made sure to save the level after applying the change. I’m using 5.0.2 and had previously created this level in UE4.27 and had first migrated it to 5.0.0. Though it seems that the material is still being detected as I have specific particle systems that trigger on it.

1 Like

Worked for me as well

This works for me.
Thank you.

Neither of the solutions offered in this thread solved this for me. I ended up just deleting the landscape that I migrated with my project from UE4 and recreating it from scratch. Obviously not a tenable solution for many people.

6 Likes

I found a solution for this problem. I create physics material and add this material to landscape!

For me, changing all the textures “sampler Source” setting to “shared:wrap” fixed it.

1 Like

Thank you very much! It worked for me!

Having this problem as well. Building the landscape, setting a physical material, did not help.

It says there are 64 objects that need to be built but I’m not sure which ones.

3 Likes

what solved the problem in my file:

1. Created a new material and assigned it to the landscape
  2. I re-assigned my actual landscape material

also, after rebuilding, that could “visually” just look like your texture map get’s blurry, can be only a tiling issue.

Once the Landscape was rebuilt, the scaling and tiling is changing.
So check after rebuilding the tiling of your texture map.

that fixed it

1 Like

Thank you so much it helped!

Landscape mode. there on Manage. There on Add+. Then add sections on the map. The landscape is just too small. more landmass

1 Like