follow is the solution

Lnadscape.cpp

you will find the code below

LastBakedTextureMaterialGuid = BakedTextureMaterialGuid;
LastSavedPhysicalMaterialHash = PhysicalMaterialHash;

this two valuable only set in giseditor, not with editor

Did you find a solution to this?

1 Like

I had this problem after upgrading a project to UE5.2. The message would appear even though I hadn’t altered the landscape or any part of the map. For anyone who, like me, was just using the default map that comes with a new project and found the above answers didn’t work, the easiest solution is to:

1. Create a new project in your current engine version
  2. Save the default map that’s created when you open the project
  3. Right click on the map in the content browser and then select “Migrate”
  4. Migrate the map into your existing project
  5. Open your original project and copy over any actors you had in the original map, along with changes to the level blueprint and references to the map asset.

That should leave you with a warning-free version of the default map, assuming you don’t have a lot of landscape changes you need to start over with.

I had to make sure the entire map was loaded through the World Partition Editor. Window->WorldPartition->WorldPartitionEditor. Select your entire map region in the World Partition window, right click your selection and select “Load Region From Selection,” and then Build->BuildAllLandcape.

1 Like

Thank you. That fixed my problem migrating a level from 5.1 to 5.2.

Thank you! That helped.

Solution still works at version 5.2 thanks!

Hello,
I am really desperate at this point.
I transferred my landscape from a 4.27 project to a 5.1 project.
Now, I keep getting this error that is described here.

PhysicalMaterialError

Solutions I have already tried:

• Build Physical Material only

• Convert to world partition and selected everything + Build All Landscapes

• Added a new physics material (previously not set)

• Resize to the same size

• Set all textures in the Landscape material to shared:wrap

• Completely removed the Landscape material (still getting the error)

However, the error only appears in “Standalone Game” mode.
Resizing the map to a larger size changed the error from 1024 to 256, but it didn’t go away completely.

Does anyone have any ideas or experienced the same problem?
Starting a new Landscape from scratch is not an option.

UPDATE:
I just created a complete new blank project in UE5.1.
Then i created a new blank level and inside a new landscape.

The error also occurs.
How is this possible?
Can someone reproduce it?

Greetings

1 Like

" Can someone reproduce it?"
Yes, same thing

Yeah,I met the same error, only come up in “Standalone Game” mode, I also tried all these solutions you listed, but didn’t make it work. One day it came to my mind that the problem only happens in version 5.x ,I began to doubt the new features such like “World Partition”, so I re-created a “traditional” level without World Partition(just right click to new a level), then copied all things into it, and this worked for me.

Still a problem with 5.3 and was not getting this in 5.2 lol wtf people

7 Likes

I am getting this same error after migrating to 5.3 and none of the above solutions seem to fix the problem. It is present on a blank project as well as the migrated world

4 Likes

Same 5.2 worked fine, but 5.3 keeps giving me this error code aswell

1 Like

In UE 5.3 this error comes up again. Starts as soon as you create a simple landscape.

2 Likes

Same error in 5.3. I converted the landscape to nanite and made sure I hit the “rebuild data” button but nothing changes. Not to mention I also have issues with world partition in that only my landscape is loading and all the meshes and other actors are shown as “unloaded” until I go into World Partition and load them from there. I’ve tried rebuilding the landscape and even rebuilding all levels but I keep getting the same error. It’s annoying. I’m probably going to revert to 5.2 until they work out the bugs. I was looking forward to some performance improvements with nanite landscapes but I guess I’ll have to wait.

3 Likes

Is this a bug for 5.3? Looks like everyone else is having this issue too.

3 Likes

I try all the solutions and nothing, it could be great if someone of epic give us some information about this bug :confused:

6 Likes

Same problem. UE 5.3, new project, Landscape Physical Material Needs to be Rebuilt…

3 Likes

Same basically, open copy of 5.2 into 5.3,and bam errror about building phsyical material on landscape,all 25. Ive tried everything ,nothing, error persists, and btw, no longer is there a build ALL landscape, just build landscape. Or is it just because I’ve disabled streaming fornow. Anyway hope someone has idea for fix , this is insanity.

1 Like