UE5 is coming ~ What do you want?

Would love anything that connects with my animation projects!
We love the render in unreal, and just make sure my animated characters are transferred to UE4 safely without problem would help a lot!
Any recommendations tools?

Iā€™d rather see a custom language based on blueprints. GDScript in Godot is a great example of a gameplay language done right. Integrating languages that donā€™t have 100% parity is a huge nightmare. Iā€™d rather not see UE5 go the Unity route where they reimplement the entire c# language to make it work well with their C++ code.

Support for Windows Mixed Reality, specifically HP Reverb G2.

Yeah I prefer to use multiple languages because I like using C++

I hope UE5 has MUCH better Anti-Aliasing and support for Mesh Shader and Sampler Feedback.

I second this

I am new in this forum an on UE, but I wish an easier way to save rendered images (not the screen shoot). And I wish a stable importer ( at the moment it will not recognize c4d files, strange).
A water system that recognizes objects and interact with them (wakes on moving ships, foam at rocks or shore ).

Proper HTML5 support via WebGPU, and WebXR.

3 Likes

Is it really coming any time soon?
I want 4.27 and 4.28 before UE5.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I want tessellation and displacement back.

1 Like

Iā€™d settle for an engine that actually works as intended. Without all the BS and hoops to jump around in order to get a scene to run around 30fps in native 4k when empty.

Like MostHost, I, too, would prefer a focus on stability and verification of each feature.
Just, like, an automated integration/unit test for each feature would go a long way.

Currently, it seems ā€œPlay Slot Animationā€ just doesnā€™t work anymore in 4.26. (Iā€™ve seen multiple people say the same thing, it used to work, and the montage plays fine as a top-level montage.) But, thereā€™s always something.

A real focus on quality, and especially automatically-enforced quality (where you canā€™t ship a feature unless you have automated tests that defend it) would be the real innovation.

Since i am Working as a Unreal Engine Game Developer in Game App Studio we Working on a Latest Game Development Project Using Unreal engine. I wish some Interesting things from Unreal Engine Developers Like

• Anti-Aliasing
  • Mesh Shader and Sampler
  • simpler scripting language
  • early access to the newer toolsets
  • graphic
  • runtime performance
  • proper support for shader plugins
  • fully integrated environment like UDK
  • Realtime global illumination tech
  • An A.I. solution that allows Navmesh

this, absolutely!