UE5 foliage flickering

Hey,

I’ve been working on an open-world level in Unreal Engine 5. The issue is in the early-access version, as well as the preview version and I have not been able to resolve it.

As you can see in the video the grass is flickering like crazy and there is also some flickering in the trees. I’m using the recently released megascan trees, which should be good to use from the go.

The issue persists when swapping out the grass foliage meshes. I suspect that it has something to do with Lumen and raytracing, however I am not an expert on the subject and the problem was still there when I tried it out on different computers (all of which had RTX graphics cards).

Did anyone run into similar issues? Help would be greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

same problem here. Does anyone know why this happens?

Same here! Need solution or answer thanks.

I’ve the same problem on indirect lightd grass.
Help will be greatly apprecited! :slight_smile:

Hello! I have the same issue, and I find the solution on this thread!
It works for me, hope it’ll be usefull! :smile:

1 Like

Hi, maybe look at this great video from William Faucher. Troubleshooting FOLIAGE issues in Unreal Engine - YouTube. Using foliage.ForceLOD 0 works well for me.

Similar problem, foliage flickering when moving camera but quite ok when you stay still.

Same problem. This command worked for me :
r.Lumen.ScreenProbeGather.ScreenTraces.HZBTraversal 0

2 Likes

no solution for tis ?

Have you tried to switch to Scalability: Cinematic and in the Project Settings to activate Lumen as Global Illumination Method and activate Hardware Raytracing (if your GPU allows)?