[UE5.1.1] UInputKeySelector::SetTextBlockVisibility broken. Does not sync / sync on rebuild.

Case:

On UserWidget::PreConstruct you want to do UInputKeySelector::SetTextBlockVisibility on an inner widget. It can fail silently:

void UInputKeySelector::SetTextBlockVisibility(const ESlateVisibility InVisibility)
{
	if (MyInputKeySelector.IsValid())
	{
		EVisibility SlateVisibility = UWidget::ConvertSerializedVisibilityToRuntime(InVisibility);
		MyInputKeySelector->SetTextBlockVisibility(SlateVisibility);
	}
}

Case:
You want to set a few style properties in c++ on the widget.

SetButtonStyle(&DTPtr->WidgetStyle);
TextStyle = DTPtr->TextStyle;
Margin = DTPtr->Margin;

Well ■■■■! there is no setter for one or more properties as usual, so the widget won’t synchronize to slate automatically.

SynchronizeProperties();

Well ■■■■ again, because the synchronization method doesn’t check if it has been build yet, resulting in a crash (as usual with these slate frankensteins)

void UInputKeySelector::SynchronizeProperties()
{
	Super::SynchronizeProperties();

MyInputKeySelector->SetSelectedKey( SelectedKey );
	MyInputKeySelector->SetMargin( Margin );
	MyInputKeySelector->SetButtonStyle( &WidgetStyle );

Well… Then we build it ourselves? Well ■■■■, if we do so the widget loses certain properties we set which haven’t been safely stored anywhere besides in the widget we just dump and rebuild, such as… The text block visibility.

TSharedRef<SWidget> UInputKeySelector::RebuildWidget()
{
	MyInputKeySelector = SNew(SInputKeySelector)
		.SelectedKey(SelectedKey)
		.Margin(Margin)
		.ButtonStyle(&WidgetStyle)
		.TextStyle(&TextStyle)
		.KeySelectionText(KeySelectionText)
		.NoKeySpecifiedText(NoKeySpecifiedText)
		.AllowModifierKeys(bAllowModifierKeys)
		.AllowGamepadKeys(bAllowGamepadKeys)
		.EscapeKeys(EscapeKeys)
		.OnKeySelected( BIND_UOBJECT_DELEGATE( SInputKeySelector::FOnKeySelected, HandleKeySelected ) )
		.OnIsSelectingKeyChanged( BIND_UOBJECT_DELEGATE( SInputKeySelector::FOnIsSelectingKeyChanged, HandleIsSelectingKeyChanged ) );
	return MyInputKeySelector.ToSharedRef();
}

You guys sure know how to mess up.

Add this to the list of my bug reports, I get 0 response from staff on Slate / UMG reports anyway. Unbelievable. You need to be able to set the visibility of the text widget if you simply want to swap between the input key name and a gamepad icon without the text. If we are supposed to actually use the provided Slate (slate / umg frankenstein) then at least make it work. I want to support this framework and not reinvent the wheel, but I’m not OK with the ■■■■ you ship with UE5.