UE4 Build lighting crash Swarm at 100%

All right, so this has been going on for a while now and this is getting ridiculous. A while ago I downloaded UDK and started messing around. However, when I tried to build lighting, Swarm would always crash at 100%. Since I was planning to get UE4 anyway, I just decided to let it go because I hadn’t made much in UDK anyway. So I got UE4 and followed a tutorial on making a level, but when it came time to build lighting the same problem happened! Even when I try to build just a default level like FPS blueprint, I get the same error. I don’t really know how to access logs and stuff so if you need any of that you’ll have to tell me how, sorry. By the way, yes I have seen all of the other posts. I have tried: Disabling Windows Firewall/Defender, Deleting Swarm Cache, and reinstalling UE4 on another drive.

Thanks for your feedback!

HI Aventador -

Thank you for your report. I will begin investigation into this issue as soon as possible. If I am unable to reproduce the problem, or I need more information, I or another staff member will follow up with some additional questions for you. Otherwise, I will post an ‘Answer’ once I have logged the issue in our bug database or we have a solution for it.

In the meantime, please be sure to review our suggestions for how to report a bug, and feel free to edit your post if you have additional information to provide:

If you can please go ahead and upload your DXDiag.

Thank you

Eric Ketchum

To get DXDiag: In the search programs and files box in the Windows Start Menu, type DXDIAG and run the dxdiag.exe file. Click on the “Save All Information” and upload the generated *.txt file.

All righty then, thanks for the feedback. Sorry I didn’t see the Bug Report section when I was looking through the sections to post in. Here is a link to the DXDIAG report. Pastebin

Hi Aventador -

What is the exact message that you are receiving after the Swarm Agent fails to build? (Screenshot is possible) Also just to check again, you don’t have any firewall settings or remote host blocks from any program like AVG or Norton or for torrent sites?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

All righty then, Screenshot

As far as antivirus goes, I don’t know if I have one (it’s complicated) but I will look and disable it if I have one to test.
Thanks, Aventador

Hi Aventador -

Can you confirm your Driver version for me (Open the Nvidia Control Panel and it should be listed on the first page) and whether you are in an SLI setup or not?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Okay, the version is 337.88 and my card is a GTX 780. No, I am not running SLI but I do have two monitors. However, when I unplug my second monitor the problem still occurs.

Thanks, Aventador

P.S. GeForce Experience is saying that my drivers are up to date and it also looks like the 337.88 version is the most up to date stable version on Nvidia’s website.

Hi Aventador -

Can you go to …\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\SwarmAgent.exe and double click then double click the Swarm Agent S icon that appears in the Windows Taskbar. Once Swarm is open, go to Settings and take a screenshot and post if you could?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

When I click on it, nothing happens. My mouse briefly turns into a “loading” sign like usual when I open programs, but nothing opens up or appears on taskbar. However, Task Manager shows a SwarmAgent.exe process after I click on it. Could this be related to the original problem?

HI Aventador -

Ah we are getting closer, yes, this is most definitely connected to the original problem. Could you upload a screenshot of your task manager window showing the processes running when you have opened Swarm Agent?

Thank You -

Eric Ketchum

Okay, Screenshot

P.S. I am going out of town for the next 10 days or so, and internet will be spotty. I will not have my computer with me. Unfortunately this means that I can’t give any screenshots or test anything but I will answer questions if I can.

Hey Aventador -

When you are able to, please try to shutdown and close the Razer Synapse program and see if you can build lights.

I will leave this open for you, let me know when you can test this -

Eric Ketchum

How much ram does computer have?

16 gig, and according to Task Manager I don’t run out when the crash happens, in face it barely goes up at all. But it does go up.

That my friend is weird. Can you uninstalled and reinstall framework 4.0?
Your issue is just an odd one. I would screen capture a small video with everything showing.

I will do that when I get back from vacation. Does it uninstall when I UE4 does? Because I reinstalled the program as the first thing I tried…

Okay, so I will try the Framework thing now, but disabling Razer Synapse didn’t help. I’ll make a video in the morning I think.

P.S. What exactly do you mean by uninstall/reinstall framwork? I’m assuming MS .NET framework, but I can’t find any tutorials online about what exactly to uninstall. Thanks.

What version of windows are you using? Windows 8+ got version 4.5 of .Net built into it.

I’m using Windows 7 Professional.

Hey Aventador -

Here is the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair tool to try:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135