The Unreal Marketplace Improvement and Feedback Thread

I’d like to see country and the preferred language of people who bought my product :+1:. Right now, the only thing I can see is a total amount of sold copies each day and my net profit.

1 Like

#1. Sort of “POPULAR” or “BEST SELL” like “PRICE” and “Alphabetical”.
#2. " or Creator Follow" like “Wishlist” , customer who like the specific creator can get their new release notices.
#3. Creator can put some Preview Source like sounds or videos, just like how they put the pictures. At present, creators just put the link in description. is not convenient for some people who don’t have VPN.

1 Like

QoL : “Update Available” filter for Vault List

https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/qol--update-available-filter-for-vault-list/

1 Like

Hi Epic team! Could you stop showing redirection alert for trusted websites like /vimeo/trello/etc? Thanks!

1 Like

Not sure if is just for me (country/currency). I can no longer see the original price on the product page when an item is on sale and I’m signed in. Seems to be hidden by the buy now button.

1 Like

I would also take an “Update All” or “Queue All Updates” button if it would be easier to implement…

2 Likes

One of the biggest problems i have with the unreal engine market place is hiw the mix in things you already own with stuff you dont have.

The example ill use is the free category. I try to pick up anything thats free just to have it at my disposal when i may need it. The problem is if you click free then free again to show everything then it will list them all but not seperate the previously owned ones from new ones.

I end up a few times a month clicking show 100 items per page and going threw all 9 pages to make sure i didnt miss anything.

I try to list then newest to oldest but that didnt help. Just take a look at the aqua pack. If you list it as new to old then it ends up on the last page.

Idelly it would be nice to list all unowned assests first then add ones that we own after that or at least newly added to the free category first and keep them in that order for the new to old category instead of date of publication for the.

I dont mind going threw them all but it would speed up my weekly ritual.

1 Like

I support all of you & your reasonable requests, I share all of your requests.

[=“rackley, post:1090, topic:22096, full:true”]
Please ban the practice of gating documentation by requiring a “verification”. Essentially what a vendor will do is post their documentation on a private discord channel and require you to post a review or question to get access their Discord.

I understand requiring for support but it’s been a day after I purchased an asset and I still can’t use it because I did the original verification wrong and I’m still waiting on the vendor. Also, it leads to massive spam in the Question/Review sections on the asset page.
[/]

I would also like banned, and am also tired of the spam comments and necessity of using a gated third party server application to access necessary documentation.

[=“anon42349820, post:1091, topic:22096, full:true”]
Stop banning Seller accounts just because you banned a family member.

WE ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE with different individual contracts.
[/]

That sounds totally unfair, even considering that could happen to roommates the same building or people sharing the same IP.

[=“Calrizien, post:1092, topic:22096, full:true”]
Can we pleeeease get a wishlist longer than 50 items?!!! I’m tired of having to delete stuff from it every time.

Please take my money lol if it’s on my wishlist I buy it.
[/]

I’ve been wanting and asking for even before we ever got the wishlist in the first place, It is unbelievable we still can only wishlist 50 items. Would also make Epic more money because if customers can easily access a list of items they WANT to buy, obviously Epic stands to gain from it.

[=“LordPosix, post:1093, topic:22096, full:true”]
Hi, please add a filter or tag “NOT OWNED” to the marketplace, it is so annoying to go through pages and pages of already owned content.
thanks
[/]

I’ve also been wanting .

[=“demagoggles, post:1094, topic:22096, full:true”]
Assets I got are now being listed as “unavailable”. In a search I came up with : Unable to download new purchased assets from marketplace.

That is, once you go over 1000 assets, new ones become unavailable, and you apparently need to create a new account if you want new assets?

That thread ended with a plea to fix that problem 1 year ago. Is still a bug that happens every time? If so, then I’m posting here that should be fixed ( / should have been fixed years ago). But if has been fixed, than what else might the problem be?

Edit: To follow up on , when I exited from the Epic Launcher and restarted it, the packs that said “unavailable” became available again. I also saw some old threads talking about . (Also I don’t have anywhere near 1000 items from the Marketplace yet.) It’s curious, but at least I can download them now.
[/]

Considering I’m approaching the number mentioned here, I’m really concerned I will also encounter limit, and I can’t believe it hasn’t been fixed in nearly 2 years. Epic is going to LOSE money from such a limit, if you can’t access the things you’ve bought on the same account, you lose incentive to purchase new items!

[=“Megurine, post:1096, topic:22096, full:true”]

• Increase wislist limit
  • Reactive price display in wishlist please, thank you. :slight_smile:
    [/]

Support. Would also make Epic more money because if customers can easily access a list of items they WANT to buy, obviously Epic stands to gain from it.

[=“_408_8, post:1097, topic:22096, full:true”]
There are a lot of contents in my repository, so it is difficult to find the resources I want quickly. Can I add the self-defined group display function in the future update plan?
[/]

That would be a VERY useful .

[=“sukovf, post:1098, topic:22096, full:true”]
I’d like to see country and the preferred language of people who bought my product :+1:. Right now, the only thing I can see is a total amount of sold copies each day and my net profit.
[/]

Any extra metrics would be useful both for sellers and buyers.

[=“Eru_Ellimist, post:1100, topic:22096, full:true”]
QoL : “Update Available” filter for Vault List

https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/qol--update-available-filter-for-vault-list/
[/]

Very useful & needed .

[=“Eru_Ellimist, post:1103, topic:22096, full:true”]
I would also take an “Update All” or “Queue All Updates” button if it would be easier to implement…
[/]

Very useful & needed .

[=“Slick_Ace, post:1104, topic:22096, full:true”]
One of the biggest problems i have with the unreal engine market place is hiw the mix in things you already own with stuff you dont have.

The example ill use is the free category. I try to pick up anything thats free just to have it at my disposal when i may need it. The problem is if you click free then free again to show everything then it will list them all but not seperate the previously owned ones from new ones.

I end up a few times a month clicking show 100 items per page and going threw all 9 pages to make sure i didnt miss anything.

I try to list then newest to oldest but that didnt help. Just take a look at the aqua pack. If you list it as new to old then it ends up on the last page.

Idelly it would be nice to list all unowned assests first then add ones that we own after that or at least newly added to the free category first and keep them in that order for the new to old category instead of date of publication for the.

I dont mind going threw them all but it would speed up my weekly ritual.
[/]

That would be very useful and would actually make Epic more money if customers could filter out things they already own in the store!

4 Likes

Well why are the Epic Marketplace moderators banning people for posting low star reviews about some products being sold.
After i have had my reviews deleted i was first suspended then banned permanently from making reviews & comments on epic Marketplace.

How is one suppose to launch new projects to sell as a publisher if ban is in place, i can no longer communicate with customers or ask questions about products i buy for development because you’re staff & developers have taken huge offense to a couple negative reviews on a couple products that were not up to scratch and they didn’t want to refund for bad products with missing or faulty content or content found cheaper elsewhere on other sites for other editors that bridge into Unreal.

I feel that the judgement of moderators banning me permanently over making some negative reviews which i never swore just pointed out what i didn’t like about the product, i was then harassed by the developer to change my review and banned when i didn’t change the review and posted it again after the developer had it removed.

is rather an ignorant i’m better then you attitude to business and i only accept 5 star reviews even if they are just a jumbled mess of letters someone has typed in that are most likely fake profiles that are rating it 5 stars.
There is nothing in these posts of so called reviews that has any information let alone reviewing the product yet i am banned for leaving a negative review permanently how is that good service or moderation.

1 Like

As mentioned above an “Update Available” filter for the Vault List. A filter for Downloaded Assets would also be useful when needing to clear some disk space or unused assets.

1 Like

I would like to see a private shared content. The idea is that you can share assets, paid or free, with specific people or within your organization. I develop assets that are sometimes specifics for a project. Yes, we do use Git, wetransefer, G-drive etc, to share those assets but it would be great to have the option in the Launcher where you can install private assets, for example plugins. I think that’s a cleaner way to share and maintain the project.

Report button in order to report stolen models.

I keep seeing more and more ripped assets on the store and nobody is doing anything about it, EPIC!
I understand that vetting every asset on the mktplc for authenticity is insane unless someone comes up with a proper system.
But if we had a report button and we saw something that looks to be ripped from other games or assets that are stolen from other stores, we could report it and the uploader should have to prove somehow that he/she created the asset, not just declaring that when they upload it. And not just waiting to see if the original author stumbles into his asset being sold without his/her permission and then reporting the or starting something that the media is just waiting for.

There are ways of proving you are the original creator by providing the source files in the original package format or by comparing the wireframe for a model for example.

And maybe the reporter would have to assist in proving that the assets are indeed stolen. i would gladly do that now, but i dont want to pay for something i can get for free from a russian site.

1 Like

You can take off the silly forever ban you have placed on me for writing a negative review, how childish of you’re staff to get so upset they ban people from the entire service because you sell junk that when people ask for a refund on you refuse so they then get upset with you’re staff because you’re stubborn and will not refund unless abused which i’m sick of from the I.T community quite frankly.
Ever since you banned the President of the United States Donald Trump you think you can get away with anything online with the platforms you run and the abuse of power you’re moderators frequently excise on anyone who disagrees with you’re policies or point of view!

You know what’s happening there, Vault cache is loading all those assets in the library view, they show up as UNAVAILABLE when that list is loading, if you have a bit on that list as you say you do then it will take awhile to sort out, once the Vault has done sorting out that list they will all be available.

I thought there was a problem at first i noticed what it was doing.

I would love it if you changed the folder structure of “add to project” marketplace assets.

When working with a few different things it’s difficult to keep your project clean without moving everything around (which in Unreal can be a pain)

I suggest you add a folder structure requirement or a tool that will seamlessly put everything there when you add to the project, where all non-full projects would reside under Content/Marketplace or Content/ThirdParty instead of just being placed in /Content

1 Like

Mandatory technical document with every item. I made a post about and I guess they deleted it. Call me old fashioned but in my day you had to write instructions assuming your user knows nothing. I am tired of chasing down creators in discord and forums and waiting for them to reply “when they feel like it” and also trying to solicit me for a 5 star review on the marketplace store. I suppose epic doesn’t allow reply then I see what’s really going on here.

2 Likes

Don’t buy it if you aren’t happy with the documentation.

I just have issues with the compliance checker, because it didn’t detect I have submitted the compiled plugin folder. The only difference is the Build.cs file that was overwritten by the compiler and caused a lot of error messages. It would be nice to check case and give a more appropriate error message back in the PDF.

I would appreciate being able to see when a Marketplace content has been updated last and also being able to see the latest version in the info panel.

1 Like

Hi. Here’s what I see and a solution to that.

1 - INSCONSISTENT PRODUCT REVIEWS

Problems:
A - Lack of transparency. We don’t know if that person review our product before or is new. This causes the changes needed to be different each time. If one tells you fix a couple of meshes, then another tells you to fix something else and so on.

B - Minimum requirements not applied to some sellers. You often see published Props with just 20 objects and get approved. Meanwhile, they’re asking for +50 and then, telling you they need higher quality.

Solution:
A - Assign a product to one person and force him to identify to us. That way we know were talking to the same person.

B - Be fair to everyone and not give special treatment. If you ask for a minimum 50 meshes and see that some of them need fixing… then mention those specific Mesh and ask for changes needed, instead of rejecting the project. That is super frustrating.

2 - APPEAL OPTION

Problem:

• UE thinks it’s Reviewers are Perfect and amazing.

Solution:

• Get a second opinion outside their team. Someone with Knowledge but outside their circle. If what they say is true, then the rejection stands. If not, the Product get approved. This is what Apple does with App rejection, it gives you the chance to ask for new pair of eyes. Often finding Bias/racial motives. They are human after all.

3 - NO MORE ONE TIME BUY ONLY

Problem:

• Artist work their ■■■■■ for weeks / months. All that costs money. Then UE forces you to give that product for life. This is amazing for Devs but catastrophic for Artists. A balance is needed.

Solution:

• An option to offer your products as Subscriptions. If your subscription is active, the Product will open in UE5, when the subscription expires… that product won’t open and an alert should come up asking Devs if they want to renew or not. This would change the industry. Enough of favoring Devs all the time. Give us that option.

:v:

1 Like