The Unreal Marketplace Improvement and Feedback Thread

The ability to filter out already owned content when searching the marketplace.

Videos should be displayed on the pages so that doesn’t have to be opened every time.

For selling, the character limit on long descriptions doesn’t appear to be accurate. It’s counting break lines and "&"s as 6 characters, as well as counting all the characters in an embedded hyperlink.

It’s a tiny detail but it’s been infuriating for me, requiring multiple rewrites of the description that, in MS Word, is only 1200 characters long :frowning:

If the count was more accurate it could mean better information in the descriptions for buyers.

**Have just found out that the count is based on HTML characters - could be changed?

[=“Valkrie Sound, post:853, topic:22096”]

For selling, the character limit on long descriptions doesn’t appear to be accurate. It’s counting break lines and "&"s as 6 characters, as well as counting all the characters in an embedded hyperlink.

It’s a tiny detail but it’s been infuriating for me, requiring multiple rewrites of the description that, in MS Word, is only 1200 characters long :frowning:

If the count was more accurate it could mean better information in the descriptions for buyers.
[/]

I agree with that.

Guys! please add “add to wishlist” button to marketplace!!! So we could save some assets to buy it later, or make it possible to save the shopping cart. Sometimes I find really good assets but I realize I’ll buy it later and there is no way to save that asset to wishlist (or something like that) exept for saving a link to it (which is very unconvinient). Hope you’ll hear that request

I believe is a bug:
A Declined plugin cannot be modified and re-submitted.
Decent behavior would be to avoid having us re-type or copy paste and re-upload all the data…

ok, while i really, really want to thanks epic team for they added localized prices for the unreal market, it was really, really great for my country “BRAZIL” having to pay in “REAL”(our currence) was a dream come to true but…

it come with a little thing, which was the “price conversion” which while it was on "point with current currence valu with dolar (maybe a little less), it’s still a little “too much”, some products prices are just too insane high due the used convertion, would be good if epic team would try to talk with the sellers and maybe try to down a little more the conversion price, for what i get it’s looks like being used the 3.78 to 79 value for conversion, which still a little to high for "indie devs like me, then would be good if epic would reduce a little more it to at last let’s say 1 Dollar = 3 Real instead of the current 3.79, it could put some of the "highest prices more “fair”.

Like some products are like 1.500,00 Reais due to the conversion which is a lot “high”, would be really cool if the value used for the conversion would go down a little more for the asset markets and only few products going on the 100+ value rater than the majority being around 100+ and in some cases going even to the 1000+.

Another thing which i do noticed is which despise i’m being charged in “real” i’m still having to pay the IOF taxe, which normally only would happen if it was a “dollar” transation and not in real and while the value being in real is really low like in most cases low than 1 real, in some cases it could go high with the current conversion

More statistics about sales would be nice :slight_smile:

[=“Gamerz31w, post:863, topic:22096”]

Chaotic wording
[/]

I seriously have zero clue whats being said.
You might want to breathe between sentences so you come across a bit less chaotic :slight_smile:

[=“, post:864, topic:22096”]

I seriously have zero clue whats being said.
[/]

I read it and now nobody else needs to. Short answer: don’t read it.

And to @Gamerz31w: it’s not an STD if it’s on your foot, that’s just a regular wart. Get it off.

Edit: please don’t try to freeze it off yourself, get a doctor to do it.

Sorry about my confusing shitposting. I wish someone would upload jazz Jackrabbit model I mean release asset on unreal marketplace. I guess nobody wants it. Only me.

• Wishlist and sale notifications for wishlisted items.

• is huge and I’m always amazed it still isn’t there. Without it steam/gog would get < 10% of the money I give them.

• Sorting needs a “Sale Started” option to see what has recently been put on sale.

• Right now ~340 items on sale… what went on sale since yesterday?

I should just give up & put together a quick & dirty scraper that can solve both those issues for me sigh

[=“Dubh, post:867, topic:22096”]

• Wishlist and sale notifications for wishlisted items.

• is huge and I’m always amazed it still isn’t there. Without it steam/gog would get < 10% of the money I give them.

• Sorting needs a “Sale Started” option to see what has recently been put on sale.

• Right now ~340 items on sale… what went on sale since yesterday?

I should just give up & put together a quick & dirty scraper that can solve both those issues for me sigh
[/]

I think someone has already started something like what you are looking for: Unreal Marketplace Wishlist/Tracker - Marketplace - Epic Developer Community Forums

[=“ronm6667, post:868, topic:22096”]

I think someone has already started something like what you are looking for: Unreal Marketplace Wishlist/Tracker - Marketplace - Epic Developer Community Forums

[/]

Nice, thanks! Looks like it’ll solve wishlist for now. My wallet doesn’t thank you :stuck_out_tongue:

Please make a wishlist and favorites assets on the marketplace and game store! :slight_smile:

How about adding a wish list to the marketplace for assets that I would like to purchase in the future.

As a Marketplace Creator I think it will be very good to give marketplace creators opportunity to sort products on their page according to their preferences , because now products are sorting by publishing time and it is not possible to change their placement on page , so it would be very nice option if it will be updated

Who can benefit from the so wanted wishlist?

1. Users, first of all. No need to say why.
  2. Creators, they may sell more especially when a product goes on sale.
  3. Epic, as the consequence of the points 2 and 1.

Conclusion: I strongly believe that wishlist is in the interest of everyone here, but it’s hard to figure out why is not the top priority.

Hello everyone. Would like to post a ** request **that I think a lot of people would like, and that seems like a fairly simple thing that doesn’t require any actually new features.

A filter option in the Vault section of the Library tab:

It would be so much easier to find and select only the things you need for a particular project out of 100+ vault items that you have if you could filter platform, engine version, asset type.

If you need some *textures *for a *mobile *game and you know you’ll be using 4.22, there are probably only several items that match all of that, and looking through a massive list of items, 99% of which are unrelated, is tedious.

I feel like it’s a reasonable , especially when there are already filters available everywhere else in the marketplace, like on each individual seller’s page:

The asset categories also seem to be included as a tag in each asset, as you can select to browse only a specific category when buying items:

Would be possible?

I don’t know what you guys were thinking with the new review system. We can’t leave a review without doing a write up now? What if you want to give a product a 5 star but don’t feel like typing up a full review? All it’s doing is encouraging people to not review products, and probably will increase the amount of troll reviews as angry customers are more likely to take the time to write something up where happy customers are not. Big thumbs down on that one.