The Unreal Marketplace Improvement and Feedback Thread

My suggestion is simply:-
1-Adding a more profound categorized search in the market place
2-Adding the same within the Library vault section added to it a category called"requires update". I’m asking for because I currently have more than 300 assets in my vault and the vault is growing rapidly because I’m buying more and more assets each day.
3-Adding a favourite or “desire to buy” list at the market place, something like what Amazon Store has would be appreciated. As we can mark things there to be purchased at a later stage.

Can we have the start date at report starting from the current month instead of the beginning of last month?

Another vote for getting email notifications from comments on product page.

In order to deal with increasing market, I want (pray) to have a analysis tool by unit of year/quarter/up to now.
(like pie chart,line graph,gantt chart.)
it is urgent and important to find market trends and our problem.
additionally, year is already 2019.it will be faster in future.
Sincerely,thanks.

[=“U_N_E_A_S_Y, post:831, topic:22096”]

In order to deal with increasing market, I want (pray)a analysis tool by unit of year/quarter/up to now.
Sincerely,thanks.
[/]

#ThingsWeveAskedForForYears :stuck_out_tongue:

[=“U_N_E_A_S_Y, post:831, topic:22096”]

In order to deal with increasing market, I want (pray)a analysis tool by unit of year/quarter/up to now.
Sincerely,thanks.
[/]

Thank you for the feedback. Our is working to implement changes to the Marketplace. I, as much as you all, that it could happen faster, but it is taking time. I know you’re probably sick of hearing that - but that is where we’re at.

My package is now under “pending approval” for almost 20 days :confused:
Is that normal? I’m getting a bit nervous to be honest.

[=“David_Hattori, post:834, topic:22096”]

My package is now under “pending approval” for almost 20 days :confused:
Is that normal? I’m getting a bit nervous to be honest.
[/]

Every time I submit anything, takes months.
Frustrating is the name of the game :]

, post:835, topic:22096"]

[/]

Wow…
And I thought, it takes around 15 days.

, post:835, topic:22096"]

[/]

[=“David_Hattori, post:836, topic:22096”]

Wow…
And I thought, it takes around 15 days.
[/]

Considering it took them 5-6 months to fix a critical marketplace bug, it is not surprising that content would take months to get uploaded, because they are severely understaffed.

I would really like to see a sort by rating added to the sort criteria as there is no easy way to search popular highly rated assets. Thank you!

As a developer and user of marketplace items, and not a seller of marketplace items I’m not sure is the correct place for my suggestion but here it goes. I DESPERATELY need a way to filter and sort the marketplace content that I own and is in my library. its really hard to find what I am looking for as the only thing that works in the library is a name search.

I suggestion the following options for library management:
Tagging (allow users to tag the items in their library for personal use)
Grouping
Ability to hide items
Filter by compatible engine version
Filter by content type (Blueprint, script, 3d model, material, texture, audio, etc)
Separate tab / link for product updates, I constantly get updates but no clue what has changed, makes it very difficult for production.

I am probably a target customer for a lot of creators that sell products on the market place, I own over 250 packages from it already, however with the limitations of finding the content that I want to use in a project, that I already own, it makes it very unfavorable to consider purchasing more and further adding to the hassle.

Just a few thoughts from an end user of the marketplace.

[=“LumberingTroll, post:840, topic:22096”]

As a developer and user of marketplace items, and not a seller of marketplace items I’m not sure is the correct place for my suggestion but here it goes. I DESPERATELY need a way to filter and sort the marketplace content that I own and is in my library. its really hard to find what I am looking for as the only thing that works in the library is a name search.

Grouping
Ability to hide items
Filter by content type (Blueprint, script, 3d model, material, texture, audio, etc)
Separate tab / link for product updates, I constantly get updates but no clue what has changed, makes it very difficult for production.

I am probably a target customer for a lot of creators that sell products on the market place, I own over 250 packages from it already, however with the limitations of finding the content that I want to use in a project, that I already own, it makes it very unfavorable to consider purchasing more and further adding to the hassle.

[/]

I think everyone wants , as well as other commonly mentioned features.

If I only could just hide stuff from my marketplace library and unhide when necessary, the whole launcher experience would already be so much better. A delete button would be the icing on the cake.

[=“Pine722, post:841, topic:22096”]

I think everyone wants , as well as other commonly mentioned features.
[/]

Yeah, I figured as I don’t think my wants are unique at all I did not see these requests in the op and did not want to read through 54 pages of suggestions so see if anyone else had suggested the same things. I sure hope Epic is open to implementing these, it would help me and others a lot.

[=“LumberingTroll, post:840, topic:22096”]

Grouping
Ability to hide items

[/]

I came to thread to make post, but since you already wrote it, I’m gonna it instead. I’m starting to lose sight of my packages too, especially with the free content every month. It also doesn’t help that folder names for added assets don’t necessarily represent the pack’s name.

I now have multiple “Fantasy Orchestra” packs and some of them can’t be clearly identified without opening up the asset store page and comparing the contents directly. There absolutely needs to be a way to better organize the vault (user tagging would actually be very good, because the way we use those assets might be different from dev to dev).

Things I want:

• email notifications for comments, and comment replies! so if someone asks a question, the seller is notified, and the asker is notified when the seller responds.
  • more filtering & sorting ( I am aware there have been upgrades here and very happy to have seen progress so far!)
  • more details on packages, at least filesize, ideally list of files, and the ability to preview images/meshs. Heck, it’d be great to be able to run the demos of a project in the browser.

为什么不站在普通的消费者角度考虑一下问题呢?我拥有超过100件物品,我都无法对他们进行分类或者定义标签,使用起来极其费力,体验差到极致,请站在一个消费者角度来考虑资源的使用问题感谢!

[=“Alex_Chozabu_P-B, post:845, topic:22096”]

Things I want:

• email notifications for comments, and comment replies! so if someone asks a question, the seller is notified, and the asker is notified when the seller responds.
  • more filtering & sorting ( I am aware there have been upgrades here and very happy to have seen progress so far!)
  • more details on packages, at least filesize, ideally list of files, and the ability to preview images/meshs. Heck, it’d be great to be able to run the demos of a project in the browser.
    [/]

+1 to the e-mail notifications. It’s a bit difficult to check every product page for comments. I’ve replied to some people rather late as a result.

I would like a way to organize our vault as it can get very cluttered. Such as separate categories/folders like plugins, blueprints, material, audio, environment, architecture, etc.