[SUPPORT] CAMERA 360 System

Hi, Izy_u_turn!
What effects do you use?
Do you have the opportunity to send your lanterns? You should reduce the light or the range of the lights, since the screen space is used to build a three-dimensional light.
If you used niagara for these purposes, then you could avoid seams.
My mail

Try check settings in DMX template in UE4.27

They have good examples of light and lasers.

11.10.2021. I remind you, Lumen has a temporary solution
I’m sorry, I didn’t notice these problems before, apparently Lumen uses the screen space to darken, for this reason seams are noticeable in some areas.

Here is an example of two images, one taken in raytracing mode GI Bruteforce, and the second GI Lumen.
Raytracing GI Bruteforce:

GI Lumen:

info:

info2:

Using this solution:

Hi!
We bought a copy of V2 for a project and, reading the documentation, it seems like there is no way to have a rasterization version with Fulldome projection. We’re looking into a way to get real-time for Fulldome so I’m kind of surprised it’s not the case.
Is it something that will be included or do we absolutely need to use the Path Tracer to get Fulldome 180 and 210?
Thanks!

Hi!
Thanks for purchase!
Camera360v2 - It contains different approaches to rendering and in it you can find the one that suits you. included Camera360v2 and Camera360v1.

Camera360v1 - support Fulldome realtime Tutorial 20. Full Dome 180-240 Degrees. - YouTube - using Render Targets and Scene Capture. But it is worth considering the performance of your system. If you set the quality settings too high, the frame rate will be lower.

Camera360v2 - for realtime FullDome, yes need using PathTracing Tutorial 1. Movie Render Settings + PathTracing - YouTube.
If these solutions are not suitable for you, you can make a refund.
But at the moment, these all available solutions for obtaining realtime Projection.

I’m working on a realtime mode using raytracing, but I can’t get the results I need to add this mode yet.
How complex is your project?

Also, the 360 m2 camera will be constantly updated, so I continue to look for new solutions.

Having trouble capturing particle system.
So this rocket supposed to be puffing particle smoke. It worked first time but after played few times it just stuck like this white blob as you can see in the image. Other things are fine just particles.
Also there is seam problem. Please help

1 Like

Hi, loneNomad!

Try change settings in niagara settings:
You need open your niagara particle:

Check all FacingMode

Is there a recommended method for applying Camera Shake to Camera_Point_360 for 180 dome rendering?

Hi, garyritchie!
There is no way to use the camera shake, since this effect does not use the position and rotation values directly. He somehow does it artificially.

There can be two options.
Solution 1. Make a real shake using 3D programs, such as 3DS max, and record an animation of the camera shaking. Then apply the shake to your UE4 camera.

Solution 2. You can try to create a postprocessor that shakes.

Thank you for answering so quickly. But is there way to capture cascade particle instead of niagara?

Yes, need try change sprite to 3d mesh and apply smoke material

The great Eliza RF, can you give us a tutorial on how to solve this problem?

1 Like

Good afternoon, Tommy_Q.
It’s good that you asked.
I understand your and general dissatisfaction when working with the outdated particle system and camera 360. This is a common problem.

There are certain limitations that cannot be solved in a simple way. This is the position of the particles using the screen space to achieve the effect.

1. The easiest way out of the situation is to use the modern Niagara particle system.

and Find Alignment → to Velocity Aligned.
    Mandatory condition. You can’t select everything and make a change. You have to select one sprite at a time and change the value.

2. Use bulk particles (using 3d mesh).

3. I forget, this solution maybe working, maybe not. For cascad particle. Please check.
    Spherical

or cilindrical

if camera facing

4. New Solution.
    Try convert Cascade Particle to Niagara.
    You need using Plugin from Epic Games → Convert Cascade to Niagara

Next step, select your Cascade Particle → Convert to Niagara.

2 Likes

Please check this solution:

Recently imported a new version of Camera 360 with a new project
It is found that when the SP.EyeSeparation value is changed in the new version, the picture that comes out will not change

But when using the previous Camera 360, it will change

PS: Our side will be Stereo Panoramic Movie in BP Camera_Rec_360
Add SP.EyeSeparation 7.5

Thanks for telling me, I need to check everything out. In which version did you find the error? For 4-25-4.27 ?

Sorry we found the problem
Our SP.EyeSeparation is misplaced
I used Begin play Render before, so SP.EyeSeparation is placed in Stereo Panoramic Movie
But now using M key Render I should put SP.EyeSeparation in Stereo Panoramic Screenshot

I’ll give that a try. Thanks for the advice!

:slight_smile: I checked, yes, you need change setting for 2 functions:

1. Screenshot

2. Movie

thank you. unfortunately all three (cylindrical spherical and face camera) didn’t work, at least not in my case. Though changing particle sprites into mesh worked. I am gonna use niagara next time, seems better