Stereo Panoramic Player

Your video is great, but it still did not prove that it works for Stereoscopic Video. That is where my issue is. You picked Mono Video. Please just help me understand how to get the Stereoscopic Media TEXTURE to show up in the Panoramic STAGE drop down, for it will NOT when it is a Stereoscopic Video. When it is a Stereoscopic Video the Textures save as a MATERIAL not a texture, and your drop down will not show those. It will for a Stereoscopic Photo, BUT NOT a StereoScopic Video. I would LOVE to give you great reviews on this app, and I am working with many people who could potential use your app in the future, but I just need you to debug this one issue of your app. If you can tell me how to change the texture so it really saves as a TEXTURE and not a Material, I would love your advice, but your current steps don’t work for StereoScopic Videos. I would like to use your app instead of get a refund, but I need this piece you advertised to work, and it currently doesn’t. If you need a stereoscopic Video so you can try it out, I would be happy to send you one.

For Unreal Engine, videos are simply videos, it makes no difference between mono or stereo. This is the same for the images. If they’re mono or stereo, is only determined by their content. For this reason this information must be explicitly provided to the plugin using the Media Layout option.

You’re mentioning a mixture of things that are wrong together: in the Panoramic Stage you don’t have to select the Media Texture, you need to select the video asset. You must set the Media Type option to Movie and then select the video asset in the Panoramic Media Source property (inside the Movie Data section).

We provided you a video with all the steps needed, please look at it with much more attention. What you’re doing is not what we recorded in the video, please look at it with much more attention.

If your video do not show up in the Movie Data > Panoramic Media Source list, it means your video has not been imported correctly into your project or you selected some wrong options in the Panoramic Stage asset. We already shared all the needed instructions, links and video for you. As explained, we can’t provide support for basic Unreal Engine usage.

Without a basic knowledge of Unreal Engine it’s very hard to use our plugin. If you want to continue on this, I strongly suggest you to find help somewhere, finding someone that can initially organize your project so that you can start with a working project. Sites like fiverr.com can be very helpful.

I suggest again to save your money and ask for a refund to Epic. They have policies about it, and you risk to not be able to get a refund if you don’t move quickly: https://marketplacehelp.epicgames.com/s/article/How-do-I-request-a-refund-for-a-Marketplace-product-I-ve-purchased

Bests.

Hi! Following the release of our latest plugin, we launched an official Discord server dedicated to all of our plugins .

If you’re using the Stereo Panoramic Player plugin, join the server to be informed of updates and special offers, in addition to have a quick and preferred channel to chat with us:

Discord server: https://discord.gg/PuAyhDctHp

If interested, our latest plugin is Google Analytics Measurement Protocol: a native cross-platform solution to send data to Google Analytics, supporting also PC and consoles.

Hi! Today is available the new version 1.2.0 of the Stereo Panoramic Player plugin. It introduces a new shader that improves the rendering performance (in particular on the Oculus Quest devices) and quality on some lower-end devices.

Here the main changes:

• New shaders with better performance and precision, in particular on lower-end devices (like on mobile and Oculus Quest VR devices). Offloaded UV calculations from the pixel shader to the vertex shader, using Customized UV in full (highp) precision. For reference, the instructions count of the pixel shaders on Android Vulkan devices have been reduced, in average, of the 49%-58% (with a theoretical speed-up factor of x1.96-x2.38). On desktop (SM5) the average reduction is around 6%-9%. Full precision UV calculations fix issues on some devices where UV rounding artifacts were visible (e.g. on the right lenses of some Oculus Quest models - thanks mikeactrio for reporting it).
  • Fixed clean-up of Input Bindings in the Panoramic Directory when custom defined bindings are present (thanks sergio for the report).

We also updated the demo application (https://github.com/UNAmedia/ue4-stereo-panoramic-player-demo):

• Configured r.MobileContentScaleFactor=0 on all mobile platforms (including Oculus Quest);
  • Released a new, updated, binary build.

Remember to join our Discord server for other news: https://discord.gg/PuAyhDctHp

As part of the UE Marketplace Black Friday, some of our plugins are :fire: 30% OFF :fire: now through December 3:

:arrow_right: MIXAMO ANIMATION RETARGETING

:arrow_right: MULTIWORLD

:arrow_right: GOOGLE ANALYTICS MEASUREMENT PROTOCOL

Remember to join our Discord server for other news: https://discord.gg/PuAyhDctHp

Unreal Engine 5.0 is now supported

Hi! The version of Stereo Panoramic Player for Unreal Engine 5.0 is now available in the UE Marketplace.

We also updated the example project on GitHub, and released a new pre-built demo.

Discord server

https://discord.gg/PuAyhDctHp

I’m asking for help

a few days ago I bought your Stereo Panoramic Player plugin

i am working on one project for vr headset PICO, like Oculus. Project is for deaf people

what needs to be done is the following

i have rendered 360 TB video

there is a video of a person interpreting content in deaf language with a green background

is it possible to set that video in front of 360 TB but so that it is static, I think a person can watch 360 video, but the video with the person must be constantly in the same place no matter where you turn your head?

Hi! The camera is not handled by the plugin, that simply relies on whatever your application is using. You can control the camera with the ordinary Unreal Engine APIs, in particular I think you can achieve what you desire simply disabling the LockToHMD property on your Player Pawn camera component:

unknown

You can also change the property also at runtime with something similar to the following (the setup in the example is for a Cardboard VR project, but the idea is the same):

disabletheheadtracking

I’m an animator and I’m a pure beginner when it comes to running a plugin and making everything work. But unfortunately I am the only person who has at least some knowledge and has to do it, so I kindly ask you for help. I tried everything but my knowledge is too little.

I downloaded the source code

I try to place any object within the sphere including translucent material according to the example How to render 3D object …

Unfortunately, a video is always launched, but there is no 3d object. Always running a video or still image depends on what I set in the test.

Is it possible to create something like in the video

Can you give me some example of how to do this inside the Player because the “mix” has to be on a VR headset like Oculus

Deaf people and I would be very grateful to you.

See attached image.

(Disable the LockToHMD is ok)

VR-video

Hi,

to have the 3D plane working as intended, in your Player Pawn add a Plane mesh as child of the Camera component, and rotate it to face the Camera and place it as you like. Remember to set the correct material to the Plane.

To show 3D objects inside the Panoramic Sphere, if you don’t have a surrounding 3D scene, the easier option is to set the property Blend Mode of the Panoramic Director actor to the value Opaque.

If instead you’ve a surrounding 3D scene, then please review again the official instructions:

• on the Plane component, set the TranslucentSortPriority to 200 (or a greater value);
  • ensure the material assigned to Plane is Translucent.

thank you, thank you, thank you
it’s so easy when someone tells you what to do
when you are a beginner everything is complicated and basically it couldn’t be simpler
now I can finish a project for deaf people

thanks again from Croatia, wonderful plugin

You’re welcome. Wish you the best for your project!

If you’ll enjoy the plugin, we would be grateful if you’ll share your experience with a review at the end of your project!

Thanks.

Can I use the mouse to interact with the buttons in the widget maker?

The plugin supports out-of-the clicking on a simple default marker. If instead you want to use more advanced markers, with several controls embedded in it, it’s possible but you must handle it yourself. Here you can find the instructions on how to add a custom interactive marker: https://www.unamedia.com/ue5-stereo-panoramic-player/api/howto.html#howto_custIntWidgets. To interact with them, likely you’ll have add a Widget Interaction Component to your Pawn (https://docs.unrealengine.com/5.0/en-US/umg-widget-interaction-components-in-unreal-engine/).

If you’ll need further assistance, please join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/PuAyhDctHp

Does this plugin use Unreal’s Default Media Framework or it’s own?

Also has this been tested for Android/Quest for both OpenGL and Vulkan?

Hi!

As described in our documentation, the plugin uses the UE Media Framework by default for video decoding. But the low-level API ony needs a standard UTexture, so you can use other media players/vide decoders if needed.

The plugin relies on Unreal Engine for all the rendering purposes, making it compatible with all the platforms supported by Unreal Engine (including the Oculus Quest devices). This also means that any limitation of Unreal Engine applies to the plugin too.

The Stereo Panoramic Player update for UE5.1 is now available in the UE Marketplace. You can update it from the Epic Games Launcher.

For support, please join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/PuAyhDctHp

when i use low-level mode , I create the bp_panoramicSphere , and then begin play—— play ; but it does not work , the sphere always show the default matreial

PS:
(1)I use 4.27 Verion;(2) the texture config is ok

Hi! I saw also you question in the marketplace area. I’m not sure about your step 2 “cast the panaromic to a bp sphere”, this is not how it must be used. You must simply spawn the actor when needed, and then call methods on it to playback your panoramic media.

We have two helpful resources to work with the Panoramic Sphere:

To receive further support, please join our Discord server: UNAmedia - Unreal Engine plugins (the team can handle requests better).

Thanks!

Step2: I drag a panoramic sphere in the scene , the make it a BP style;
you means: the panoramic sphere must be spawned by bp or C++ ?
PS; the high_level mode(use director , experience) is always ok ;
i only want show a pano image not a video ,