[HR][/HR][Update 2020-03-10] Version 1.1.0 is out. See the ChangeLog for details. Added a new rendering mode (more efficient and supports out-of-the-box the rendering of 3D meshes). Simplified the management of custom UMG hotspots. This version is backward compatible.
[Update 2019-05-07] The plugin is available in the Marketplace: https://unrealengine.com/marketplace…noramic-player
we just submitted “Stereo Panoramic Player”, a plugin to quickly integrate an interactive, customizable player for 360° panoramic images and videos, supporting both mono and stereo media sources. It will be available as soon as Epic will approve it. Below an introduction.
Stereo Panoramic Player is a runtime plugin to show and interact with 360° panoramic images and videos, supporting both mono and stereo sources. It offers both an high-level solution (Panoramic Director), to quickly assemble an interactive panoramic virtual tour, and a low-level solution (Panoramic Sphere) to allow a programmatic customization of the user experience. It’s compatible with all the major platforms and it’s actively tested on PC, VR (Steam and Oculus), iOS and Android.
The Panoramic Director actor allows you to define, directly in-editor, a complete panoramic virtual tour: for each imported panoramic source (image and/or video) you can define custom hotspots to move between different media; the actor will then take care of everything at run-time, detecting when the user is interacting with an hotspot and managing the transition between the panoramic media.
The Panoramic Sphere actor gives you complete control of the panoramic experience: you can programmatically control it to render panoramic media and detect interactions with the panoramic sources. It can render images and videos, supporting both mono and stereo formats.
- rendering of 360° panoramic images (mono and stereo);
- playback of 360° panoramic videos (mono and stereo);
- support for Equirectangular projection;
- support for Over-Under stereoscopic layout;
- overlayed UMG widgets for user interaction;
- interactive areas through color-coded masks;
- graphics effects for transitions and blending with the 3D environment;
- rendering of 3D objects inside the panoramic sphere;
- high-level actor (class APanoramicDirector) to quickly assemble a panoramic virtual tour directly in the editor;
- low-level actor (class APanoramicSphere) for programmatic and complete access to all the supported features;
- all the features available from both Blueprints and C++.
- StereoPanoramicPlayer - Runtime
Network Replicated: No
Supported Development Platforms: Windows, Mac.
Supported Target Build Platforms: Windows (32/64-bits), Mac, iOS, Android, VR (SteamVR/Vive, Oculus).
- Source code: https://github.com/UNAmedia/ue4-ster…ic-player-demo
- Pre-built binaries: https://github.com/UNAmedia/ue4-ster…-demo/releases