Spline Mesh Tangent/Roll Causing Issues

Hi,

For the last 2-3 days I have been struggling to get a spline mesh to follow a spline without twisting or bad pinching/warping. I posted in the unreal forum yesterday about a issue I was having with trying to get smooth transitions between spline meshes on a twisty spline. [Click Here for Link…][1]

I spent today trying out different tests and I am now not sure if the issue is related to the Roll (start/end) values or the Tangents.

I created a GIF to show that the spline its self seems to be working as intended, I basically got the location and rotation at a distances along the spline and fed them into the cube. Animating it smoothly along the spline, this was purely to show that the spline seems to have all the Up vectors, tangents, etc correctly positioned.

281676-splinemesh01.gif

Once i was happy with the spline, I started to try different ways to add the spline mesh component to the spline and recorded the results…

Blueprint test 1…

Blueprint test 2…

Blueprint test 3…
I have another test that shows the mesh with correct start end rolls but “pinching” at all the joins. Sadly AnswerHUB is saying that I have ran out of image uploads, Its similar to the issues seen in my forum post. [Link here…][7] I can also post the images in a reply if anyone wants to see them.

Any help with this would be really appreciated, its been driving me a bit nuts over the last 3 days. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thought I should post the Result/issues with Blueprint Test 3 mentioned above…