Smart Objects seem to be broken in 5.2

Hey, yesterday I updated to 5.2 and ever since that my smart object system seems to be broken, whenever i stop the simulation, the engine crashes, if i quit the packaged game the game freezes and crashes.

the following error “Assertion failed: OwnerController->GetPawn() [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\GameplayBehaviorSmartObjects\Source\GameplayBehaviorSmartObjectsModule\Private\AI\AITask_UseGameplayBehaviorSmartObject.cpp] [Line: 271]”

it was working perfectly in 5.1

Some additional information, the crash only happens if the user exits the game / editor while the AI is performing the task, and the behaviour not ended yet

Exact same thing happens to me

Hey there, an user was able to provide an unoffical solution, it worked for me , altough for me i had to do the oppoite of what he said when it came to the build.cs file :slight_smile:
End simulation during “Use Claimed Gameplay Behavior Smart Object” Node crashes editor - Programming & Scripting / AI - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

I applied this solution but it didn’t work. Is there any other solution for this problem?

The status of UCB-932 incident has been moved from ‘Awaiting Validation’ to ‘Closed’. Resolution Reason: ‘Invalid’