Reality Capture 1.4 \ I can't to save my project and after open it.

Hello comunity of Capturing Reality!
I use Reality Capture 1.4 and I can’t to save my project and after open it.
I am hobbyists,
Now there are problems with light in Ukraine, and I keep losing my project. Help decide please!
Thank you for your program!

Hello @Havryshchuk,
This seems like there were some issues during saving the project. Is the error also happening during saving? Have you checked the fixies from this post: The file decryption key is not valid?
Where are your projects saved?
Is the project created in 1.4 from the scratch?
re you launching RealityCapture through Epic Games Launcher?

No, the error does not happening during saving.
I saved my project on new folder in disk D.
Yes, the project created in 1.4 from the scratch.
Yes, I launching RealityCapture through Epic Games Launcher.

Can you go to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\RealityCapture and use RealityCapture-1.4.0.msi to install RealityCapture. After that is it the problem still happening.
As you wrote, there are some issues with the lights, is the computer shut down during these problems?
Do you have set the autosave?
Is this also happening, when you are saving after each computation step?
Can you try also the mentioned solutions from the post attached in the previous response?

1. I will try
  2. I have an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and when I see that the lights have been turned off (the electricity has gone out) then I save as my project
  3. I turn off autosave/
  4. I will try

By the way, is 780M a lot of polygons or normal?
I planing to create high detail and then I will make simplefay and reprojection.

It depends for what. But it is too big for most application and it will be needed to be simplified.

I make the texture of the soil surface

I uninstalled and reinstalled epic launcher and reality capture but the project didn’t open.

I am currently working on a new project. and To save time, a question arose.
I photographed the ground 4 * 4 meters, and I want to make a tile texture.

1. Do you really need High Detail 780M and make high detail?
  2. Maybe the Normal Detail of 180M will be enough for on a lowpoly one?

I suppose you won’t be able to open that project. It seems like the component inside the project is corrupted. You can try this solution to open your project: Loading Project: Invalid or corrupted input data - #2 by OndrejTrhan.
The thing is, if this will happen for you again. Have you also installed the RealityCapture directly?
As I wrote it depends on your needs. But you will need to simplify that model anyway, so I suppose it is not necessary to have such big model.

Yes, I instaled the Reality Capture in Epic Games Launcher

I meant this, the direct install, not through Epic Games Launcher.

1 Like

I used it too

I don’t understand. It says that hobbyists can use it for free.

Then why I can’t to save my project?
How to save my new project correctly?

Is this happening in 1.4 version? This shouldn’t be possible anymore, as PPI was cancelled.
If so, would it be possible to share this original project with us?
Application reset (open RealityCapture with pushed SHIFT and choose the option Make it like a clean install) should fix this.

Yes, it is happend in 1.4 version.

How can I share my original project?

I will tty to do this again
Application reset (open RealityCapture with pushed SHIFT and choose the option Make it like a clean install) should fix this.

I will send you the invitation for the data upload to our Box. It can be in your spam folder.
Please, upload project file and project folder. If it is possible, also the images.
Also, would it be possible to describe all your steps provided? Since the first installation to this issue? Have you had also installed the previous version?

I shared my project in folder SaveAsPPIIssue

and
I can’t do it. How to do it?

Also, I export the 500K model in various formats obj, fbx and cannot open it in zBrush and
also not imported back into Reality Capture

Problem with version 1.4
Because I installed the old version and it works fine.

Thank you for sharing. Now are developers are looking at the issue (unfortunately, it is not happening on our side). Is it possible that you have more drives on your PC? If so, can you try to save the project on C drive, if it is happening also there?
You need to do it in the RealityCapture’s desktop icon: Reset RealityCapture

What were your export settings? Have you had there some error during import?

Thanks for the answer

1/ Yes, of course I have several local drives. S, D and others.

2/ I installed the old version, the mesh export works fine.
In version 1.4 I saved with different settings but the result was the same. That is, bad.

3/ Where to find the program reset? Please send a screenshot.

And I can’t do it:
Press and hold the SHIFT key on your keyboard
Run RealityCapture
Trigger the RealityCapture Reset window
Choose what you want to reset in the dropdown menu
Click the Reset button

4/ Did you use my project?