Orbit: Weather & Seasons BP

I have no way of checking because the new content blueprints have suddenly disappeared

Oh weird. Well I plan on testing this system on a few different rigs, a friend of mine has a MacBook, not sure what exact model though. When I have him test it I’ll be sure to include it in some performance statistics charts.

Awesome thanks :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=;550653

Yes! :)[/QUOTE]

Awezome, looking forward to test it in my outdoor environment scenes :slight_smile:

Sweet deal :slight_smile: thanks for your support!

Hey got a question is this being written in BP or C++?

Just curious :slight_smile:

• HeadClot

All blueprints :slight_smile:

Thank you for the prompt reply :slight_smile:

No problem, thanks for your interest in Orbit :slight_smile:

So I’ve got a very short list of extra features for addition if I finish the main features early/for future updates up on the Orbit Trello, if you have any features you’d like to see explored/added, feel free to let me know here and I’ll see how feasible they are to add.

This Asset is going to be so danm awesome :smiley: if you manage to satisfy a high quality standard for this Asset you should definitely ask for more than 20 bucks… Though the cheaper the better for me/us haha
For 20 bucks I feel obligated to help you out somewhat xD

That’s nice of you to say, but you don’t have to feel obligated to anything haha, I chose the $20 price point because I want to be able to get this to as many developers as I can without devaluing my work too far. I also want to push myself developmentally to make something as robust and flexible as possible, so that I can (hopefully) put this asset on my résumé when I go to look for game-design jobs in the future, and getting it out to more people will help me with that more in the long run than selling it for a higher price would.

I’m very interested in this, only feature request I’d have, if you’re adding support for celestial bodies like a moon, please add support for multiple celestial bodies. So that the parameters can support multiple moons or possibly the game world being a habitable moon. I’d ask for multiple star(multiple suns) support as well, but that’s probably on the unreasonable side for a $20 asset XD

It’s definitely something I can potentially look into, but the main issue I’d face is having no point of reference for consistency in terms of time-of-day settings, intensity settings, colors, styles, etc. That’s not to say that my system is a 100% perfectly accurate representation of Earth’s orbital (pun lol) behavior, but it is based on it for the most part and leans on it for reference. If there is a demand for it, I may include a tutorial for multiple moons/suns in the documentation (of which there will undoubtedly be a large amount of given the amount of customization/parameters available) to make it a bit easier for people to dive further into the customization of the system than what options I expose to the BP actor controller, i.e. changing up the scripts in the BP editor. This would, of course, be rolled out post-release, as (for now at least) it’s looking like I have just enough time to get the amount of content I’ve already committed to finished and tested by my desired marketplace submission date of August 7th, 2016.

My God this is incredible! Can’t wait to see where this goes! Definitely going to purchase once it’s released!

Thank you for your kind words <3

I saw your Trello page and this must be the most complete weathersystem, second to TrueSky. Are you planning to add storms and lightning too? Would be great.

Yep, storms with procedurally shaped lightning and accurately spatialized thunder are in my to do list :slight_smile:

Hey all, quick progress video just to keep you in the loop. It’s 2am at the time of my writing this, so please excuse any typos/grammar issues :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve spent the past week stretching things out and exposing more variables to make sure that as many customization options are available as possible. I’ve also set up a switch for some variables to be handled based on the sun position, and I’ve laid the ground work for different daylight-hour counts based on an integer slider, so automated time of day is receiving lots of love.

At this time, I’m fairly confident that all manual variable expressions for stratus clouds, sky, backdrop clouds, celestial actors, and volumetric lighting are exposed and ready for use :slight_smile:

Most recently I spent some time building up sun and moon backlighting for the volumetric clouds, and tweaked the controls for lighting/shading over time of day based on some offsetting variables and curves. This allows for control over how light or dark the clouds are at night, and also links up backlighting colors to their respective emitters.

There are a ton of other variables exposed, though listing them all out would be exhausting, so I made a video showcasing some of the stuff I’ve talked about, and it also scrolls through the available options in the BP controller as of right now. Still lots more to do, but progress is solid. :slight_smile: Thanks everyone for your kind words and support, I look forward to getting this out to you as soon as I can, and at this time I’m still on track for the September 2016 release.

Cheers!

Looking forward to see some snow and rain weather. Snow buildup would also be cool.