Orbit: Weather & Seasons BP

Thanks for your support! <3

I’ve finished the math for randomly shaping stratus clouds and the blueprint controls for setting some behaviors. Here’s a bunch of randomly generated clouds using this system

and the exposed settings

Wrapped up randomly generated volumetric stratus clouds, began work on three-zone sky with controllable colors, brightness, zone placement and zone falloff parameters.

Looking forward to this.

please tell me that there is actual physical space between the cloudlayer, the skylayer and the space/sun/Moon whatever layer, and not just one materialsystem on a gigantic normal inverted ball .____. ?

Yes, there is. There are 4 layers: Stratus clouds, cloud backdrop, Sky color/sun, stars. And the moon is a physical object. All layers are intended to be in that order from bottom to top, but can be put in whatever order you want them to be in, and you can customize the space between them as well.

OMFG! i will take 20. i have waited for this for 2 years, U must sell it on the marketplace! :smiley: :smiley:

Seems like this is what i need!
Till now i used Ultra Dynamic Sky, but i needed to modify it a lot and sadly still its not what i need.
So your system will be a day one purchase for me!
SADLY it also means i have to wait ._. and because u deliver a weathersystem in it i have to wait and look if i can use your system or stay with my weatherbp .__.

If you don’t want to use the weather patterns you don’t have to, I’m making each key feature optional, in both activation and automation. The goal is to be as flexible as possible. :slight_smile:

maybe your weathersystem is better than mine :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i will have to see :wink: but its so hard to wait D:

hope to see more screenshots in future and thanks for responding :wink:

Of course, thanks for your input and support :slight_smile: More screenshots will be coming as I move along, things are going smoothly so keep your eyes peeled :wink:

I’m really looking forward to Orbit and I will defenetly buy it. I really hope that you will be able to finish it as planned. :slight_smile:
Cant wait for the new updates ) :rolleyes:

Will buy this for sure. Can you give any hints of pricerange?

It says 20 bucks at the bottom of his first post

Thanks for the support! It’s looking like I might have my June goals completed a bit early, which’ll let me move forward with my July goals early, so at the very least I’m right on track, if not a bit ahead. :slight_smile:

As @rYuxq stated above, price point will be $20 upon release :slight_smile:

[HR][/HR]

Today’s been a big push, I exposed parameters in the blueprint controller for a ton of things I had the material framework finished for, and added in stars and a physical moon. I also laid out the groundwork for the time of day system having options for different daylight hour amounts, and ran through some performance scalability options for the volumetric clouds. I’m especially excited about the last part, because it’ll hopefully open up this system for a much wider range of hardware. Here’s a picture to showcase the four quality-sample options and their respective fps rates on my machine.

Figured I should also share some screens of the new moon and stars.

Im not convinced by this night sky. First of all, the sky is not plain black XD second: do the clouds really look like this at night?? XD

But inspired by your night sky: will you factor in light pollution in your Blueprints?

But this is good work so far, indeed!

Will it have saturation settings as in the Ultradynamic Sky System?

Yeah, this was something I threw together, but if you wanted more color or lighting in your sky/clouds, the parameters are all there to make it happen :slight_smile: and light pollution is something I’m looking into, I don’t know for sure if it’ll be a feature on release day, but it may end up in a future update along with a couple other features I have in mind. :wink:

Yes! :slight_smile:

if it can run on my 2012 macbook pro that would be awesome :smiley:

What fps do you get in a blank 3rd person template project?