NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

We won’t be pushing any new code to the HairWorks branch in the near future. We don’t have an ETA on the next update.

It’s stable, but the integration should have gone on top of 4.8.1, but I wasn’t careful enough when I did it and I merged it onto the head revision, which is 4.8.2. After inspecting the changelists more closely, I realize that I accidentally changed some completely unrelated engine code, reverting it to 4.8.1 (navigation mesh code, some editor code), so I need to fix before I merge to the VXGI branch. The VXGI-dev branch is indeed stable, but be careful if you merge it to a 4.8.2 branch because it may overwrite some of the 4.8.2 changes.

Is there an ETA for buoyancy for Waveworks? (Boat, or something similiar)

The way it’s currently integrated, no. It is multiplied into the color buffer, it doesn’t properly replace engine’s AO. But I think it’s possible to integrate it better.

I got a question about Flex, the physics use a different collision than the default player ? because the default is a capsule and you can see how the physics draw a box collision.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent/u/28070491/UE/Forums/ParticlesQuestion.jpg

download few hours but:

://www.imgim/2426incii4243827.jpg

Hi guys,

So I was hoping to use the new 4.8-dev branch. Compiled, all went well. Hbao works, which is the only I need, really. But unfortunately, I’ve got the same flickering using Deferred Decals as with 's merged 4.8 branch. only happens in 4.8 branches, 4.7 had no issues. 's a video to demonstrate what happens (switching Early Z-pass is what’s causing , shutting it off disables decals altogether :frowning: )

[video]glitch - YouTube

There is something fishy with deferred decals even in the official release, but there I was able to fix it (following the same procedure is a “no go”).

So anyone has seen before? Any idea how to fix ?

Thanks in advance for any help!

https://developer.nvidia/hairworks
NVIDIA released HairWorks plugin for Maya 2016 & 3ds 2016.

64 cones is way overkill, even as little as 8 is fine, 16 is probably the sweet spot, you could get even better performance with that setting(even on your 780)

no one actually answered my question, is there somehow to fix it? :frowning:

when will be implemented ? Do you have eta ?

Thanks

Try opening that .sln and building it inside VS

Sorry for the super late response but… Do the following steps…

1.Build the “Development Editor Win64”
2.Build the “DebugGame Win64”
3. Rename the “UE4Game-Win64-DebugGame.target.xml” in Engine/Build/Receipts to “UE4Game-Win64-Development.target.xml”
4. Opened HairWorks sample in the Editor then File-> Package Product -> Windows -> 64-bit

Make sure you have renamed it correctly so it’s NOT UE4Game-Win64-Development.target.xml.xml

Hi, has anyone tried using Ramas victory plugin with any of the NVIDIA branches, when I try to compile my game it complains that I am missing flex.h, but only if I have Ramas plugin installed in my projects Plugins folder.

Hi, has anyone had a problem importing .apx .apb files into U4? I’ve exported files from Maya using the HairWorks plugin and also using the FurViewer included in HairWorks 1.1, files transfer fine between Maya and FurViewer but nothing imports into U4. U4 doesn’t give me a specific error other than “Failed to import ‘…/…/…/…/…/FileName’. Failed to create asset ‘/Game/FolderName/FileName’”

I believe 's plugins have integrations right? If is the case, then you will need to add FLEX to the DependencyModuleNames of the Build.cs of 's plugin, I had to do myself for my project as I have some integration stuff, and it was complaining it couldn’t find Flex.h until I added FLEX to the module list.

You were right indeed worked for me! Thanks.

I’ve actually managed to get acceptable results with 32 in scene after some tweaks. 16 will start adding some ugly shadow areas in some places and that’s not suitable for the kind of quality I need for archviz… Maybe with some fake light work I could get better visuals, but my goal is to use VXGI as a painless replacement for lightmaps and get more liberty with light interactions without compromising the overal light quality.

Are you using the NVIDIA branch? As that error normally crops up because someone has tried to import a hairworks APX into a standard UE4 build. Otherwise Im not sure what else it could be, I have not actually used Maya Hairworks plugin, only 3dsmax which I can validate works fine.

I was having a little bit of trouble setting up the branch (I’m still trying to understand how to use GitHub, Visual Studio, etc.) so it wasn’t working properly. Now everything is fine and I was able to import the file. Thanks!