NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Hi all.

What happened to the github page?

Is everybody getting the 404 ?

logged in on github and I still cannot accessā€¦ 404 on every browser.

couple of questions:

I want to integrate VXGI on my build (my first time in the forum and trying to do something like )

Iā€™m still not sure it will work on a Titan GK110 Kepler, from what i understood its optimized for gpus but it should work on Kepler titans as well.
I am hopping that VXGI will help me to not having to perfectly uv unwrap every asset for some archviz projects and still have some good results (like in pre baked light mode)

is the correct link?
/tree/VXGI

Thanks in advanced!!!

It will work in your GK110 Titan =]
As far as I know the only restriction for VXGI is your GPU must be or higher (I use it on a Pitcairn AMD card).

Is your Github account linked to your UE4 account?
That is the the right link.

EDIT: Maybe you want to go for the VXGI-Dev version, thereā€™s some discussion on the differences on the last page.

Hey Xeritas! many thanks for the clarifications, so good news for me i guess :slight_smile:

As for my account Iā€™m sure its not connected/linked because i donā€™t know how to do (in case there is some special operation to be done) but i have used the same email for registration on both platforms (only in different time frames) so i guess i am missing something out?

ill check the dev version as you advised

Many thanks again.

Edit: I have mannaged to connect the 2 accounts and now i can access :slight_smile:

Hello, have unreal engine 4.8.2 install i create hair on Maya export apx but when i want to import apx i got an error :

failed to import filename.apx

Can you help me plz

Thanks you

For all those who are receiving a 404 error on the GitHub link, follow these steps:

1. Go to www.unrealengine and log into your account.
  2. Click on the ā€œAccountā€ button on the top bar, then select the ā€œProfileā€ tab.
  3. Make sure your EXACT username for GitHub is entered into ā€œGITHUB ACCOUNT NAMEā€ text-box ( is case sensitive! Make sure it is exact).
  4. Press the Save button and then Close/logout of your account
  5. Log in to GitHub and sign in with the SAME account as entered above

Now come back to page and click on the link that was 404ā€™ing before. You are now a registered member of the ā€œEpic Gamesā€ organization on GitHub.

You need to use the NVIDIA build of UE4 to use HairWorks.

I don t understand what i must do, can you explain me ? Thanks

NVIDIA are maintaining their own version of the engine for GameWorks integrations. So you need to download and compile their version of the engine. So for HairWorks, you will need to download the source from : and then compile, I believe the version of the engine is 4.7.6

Does Hairworks required coding in UE4? I donā€™t know any C++ at allā€¦ will I be able to use it with blueprint alone?

No you donā€™t need to know any C++ to work with HairWorks, its pretty much completely BP driven. You can have a look at my example map in my repo: https://github//UnrealEngine/tree/4.8_NVIDIA_Techs for an example of setting up hair and dynamically animating the parameters of the hair.

Iā€™m getting tons of errors with the VXGI-dev branch. I followed the usual steps. The error starts with:

DeferredShadingRenderer.cppā€¦ ā€˜EndVxgiFinalPostProcessSettingsā€™ : is not a member of ā€˜FDeferredShadingSceneRendererā€™

and checking DeferredShadingRenderer.h we can see that itā€™s not there so maybe there is something to fix. (I tried adding it myself but I got tons of other errors)

Not your fault - the latest commit to vxgi-dev has wrong versions of some file(s). is going to fix that. Until then, you can sync to the previous commit in that branch: af928492c170d1e35d98349b971de7ada5e01caf.

Any word on what Gameworks tech is expected to work in currently? Will they function when 4.9 is released, or does it need an update first?

I have been wondering the same too. I really hope they will make it use features to make it run faster and more optimized.

I can comment on regarding VXGI. The tech (not its UE integration) is currently being ported to , but itā€™s too early to say anything about performance. I wouldnā€™t expect much speedup for VXGI from , primarily because it is very GPU limited, and is focused on reducing CPU overhead. Speaking of new rendering features, everything that was required to accelerate VXGI was available on through NVAPI; makes some of these features available as core, but not all of them.

As long as it functions in the first place, Iā€™m good for the time being. The transition to will benefit the engine enough in other areas, I just donā€™t want to start cutting features for it.

Well thatā€™s interesting, does that mean itā€™ll be a bit faster for AMD now as well then?

In some cases, yes. Specifically, voxelization of materials with coverage supersampling enabled will benefit because of hardware conservative rasterization, if AMD implements it. HDR emittance will remain slow.

Iā€™ve got a problem that I could turn on the VXGI in ā€˜directional lightā€™ but couldnā€™t find it( ā€˜VXGI DIFFUSEā€™ )in postprocess volume ?The version is 4.8.3.pLz help me to solve the problem coz it drives me crazy! thanks a lot!