NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

It should be there:
Vxgi-in-ppv.png

Also, 4.8.3? We only have 4.8.2 on github.

Thank u so much! so I think I update the software toooo early…and do I need to reinstall a lower version to use plug-in or leave it as latest version?will it be impact?

Thank u so much! so I think I update the software toooo early…and do I need to reinstall a lower version to use plug-in or leave it as latest version?will it be impact?

It’s not a plug-in. It’s a different version of the engine that has VXGI integrated. So you should use the complete UE4 source tree from NV github and build it from there. You can update it to 4.8.3, but that will probably require merging some source files and should be done carefully.

Density for Hairworks seems to be broken.

The density attribute works fine in Hairworks viewer. I think a few other attributes aren’t working as well, I will double check later weekend when I get some more time.

Any news on faceworks?

Hi, I just cloned and build the github repo but I still cant figure how to start viewing my hair assets.
When I try to import a .apx file it gives an error saying “couldn’t create asset” and when I look in the drop down box for “Add Component” on a skeletal mesh I don’t see any of the gameWorks components under Rendering like “Hair” or “Ropes” etc.

Did I build wrong? Are these steps or a tutorial written down somewhere? Please help

Did u build the HairWorks branch specifically? If not, would explain why you are not seeing any HairWorks options.

I’m not sure, I just built the repo everyone in thread kept linking to “”
I’m kind of new to git, what was I meant to do? (I use tortoise git)

Either checkout the “HairWorks” branch, by right clicking in one of the folders contained within the repo on ur HDD, and choose “TortoiseGIT -> Switch/Checkout”. Or download the zip from the following link: “/tree/HairWorks”

Thanks for the help, I have got the hairworks branch running now, I can see the magaledon animating with hairworks simulation just fine in the example project. :slight_smile:

However, when I drag in my own .apx files from 3ds they still do not import, i get a generic error saying that could not import :S

Are you using v1.1 of the hairworks plugin? As that is what is required. Go to developer.nvidia and download the latest version of the plugin for your version of 3dsmax, and try again.

Oh, yeah, I might have an old version, I’ll try updating

Hi
Does anyone have ue4.6 vxgi ?
It has removed in github page

It’s still available if you browse the commit history.
I think was the last version of VXGI integration in UE 4.6 before we upgraded it to 4.7: /tree/ffb2333f89880616c152139ba8f32557ef89de85
But obviously it doesn’t have any newer features like multibounce or bug fixes.

I know but I still have ue 4.6 version

Does VXGI, HairWorks, etc. dispatch GPU compute jobs to multiple GPUs even though UE4 rendering doesn’t use multiple GPUs? If so, and if that buys more performance, it’d be a worth-while reason to consider adding another Maxwell2 GPU to my system.

VXGI does not. It just uses the same D3D11 device that’s used for main rendering. We considered running some or all of VXGI workload on a separate GPU, but there would be too much traffic between GPUs and too many synchronizations to make such separation practical.

faceworks? anyone? xD