NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Would that change with the next generation of GPUs? I’m thinking about GPUs which will support NVLink, would that be beneficial in case or is separation impractical because of other reasons?

Not sure. Maybe.

Currently there are two multi-GPU scenarios in which VXGI can benefit:

1. AFR SLI, where for example GPU 1 renders odd frames and GPU 2 renders even frames. In case, both GPUs perform voxelization on every frame and have copies of all data, and nothing is copied between GPUs. mode is supported by the library (although we rarely test it).

2. VR SLI, where each GPU renders a view for one eye. Both GPUs would perform voxelization and shadow map rendering, but G-buffer rendering, shading and cone tracing would be separated. mode has not been implemented yet.

Is 4.8_NVIDIA_Techs the latest branch from to use if you want all techs so far ? Also is it UE4.8 or UE4.8.3 ? I have loaded in a 4.8.3 project I made with world comp and landscapes and all my landscape materials are showing as the world grid material. I can’t seem to change them or paint on them either.

Edit. Ok sorry, landscape work ok now.

I thought that will bring back SFR which will be betetr for multiple GPU and will reduce the lag.

Could you please help me solve hairworks plugin for maya 2015 problem? I keep getting an export error “The 20 out of 56 fur stands share mesh verices with other lines. They will not be exported!” I use latest version of hairworks plugin. Reinstall the plugin, snap CV to growth mesh vertex 1 by 1, doesn’t works. The funny thing is… it works like charm until yesterday and now it doesn’t even work with simple sphere.
Sorry to post on thread, but the nvidia devtalk forum doesn’t have living human anymore.

is link to scene file

I haven’t looked into it yet, but my guess is that for VXGI, SFR SLI will be very similar to VR SLI: both GPUs voxelize all geometry, and only screen-space workload is separated.

By the way, in the recent versions in vxgi-dev branch, you can see the time it takes the GPU to process world-space and screen-space VXGI workloads if you type “stat unit”. The FPS counter is not to be trusted though, because enabling stat unit adds a CPU-GPU sync and reduces the FPS in that branch.

Try using less curves.

Sorry to bump , guys. But maybe it just got buried under other posts. Still wondering if anyone knows what’s going one ? It kinda stops me from using 4.8 and HBAO :frowning: And I am guessing there’s a good will persist in the upcoming 4.9.

You won’t see a FaceWorks integration anytime soon. Sorry about that, but we have decided not to pursue the integration at time.

I’m bringing to the attention of others on the HairWorks team. I don’t know what could cause the problem you describe, or whether it is a problem at all, or some miscommunication about how to tune the settings. Which UE4 branch are you using? THe official HairWorks branch, or the branch?

I just found out what causes the flickering… it was a bug in our VXGI temporal reprojection integration, which switched the Z buffers at the wrong time. Fixed internally.

You can work around by setting r.VXGI.TemporalReprojectionEnable = 0.

I am using Galaxymans branch. I am assuming that the attributes are supposed to work in UE4 the way they work in HairWorks viewer. In Hairworks viewer the texture acts as a multiplier to the density attribute, in UE4 the scalar attribute does nothing, the texture works, but is not a multiplier, but a direct input, which means a density of 1.

It would also be fantastic if Nvidia could provide plugins for Houdini. It’s a much more cost effective solution for creating guide hairs than Maya + shave. For independent artists anyway.

Dude, you rock! That was the.

To anyone else who runs into problem - use the cvar that has provided, and set Early Z-pass to Opaque and masked meshes (Decide automatically disables Dbuffer Decals for some reason).

Thanks again!

It should be due to LOD. Turn off Detail LOD and try again. :slight_smile:

Thanks, I have tried deleting curve and It works when there is only 5 curve remained but I still confuse what cause problem because it meets the req. “one vert per curve” in the doc. Another strange is that some model will works smoothly if I import .Obj from other app but the model i made in maya often fail to export hairworks correctly.

was the! thank you.

Hey guys,
I wanted to know if anyone else using 's branch ran into following (and might have a fix for it):
It looks like GPU particle systems are broken. CPU particle work fine, but GPU particles just stay stationary in a sphere. Everything looks fine within the particle editor preview, but as soon as I place the system within a level it breaks. The particles ignore all modules and flicker as well. If needed I can provide screenshots later on.
The particle systems work fine on “vanilla” UE4 builds. Does anybody have a clue?

Greetings,

Vanilla builds work fine indeed but GPU particles have been broken on VXGI builds ever since the initial version.
I’m very much interested in a fix for (that won’t include ‘please lower your graphics settings to mobile’ :D).

I’m a bit confused,is the title of video wrong.

or is face works integrated with UE4.

's a video from 2013

Huh, I never noticed that and I’m using VXGI since the beginning as well…but thanks for the information! :slight_smile:
Maybe because I haven’t been creating/using gpu particle system within my project which uses GameWorks or I just forgot it. :confused:

I’m surprised that hasn’t been fixed already, GPU particles are quite important. Did they mention why hasn’t been fixed?