With the Neo Kinect](https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/neo-kinect) plugin you can use the Kinect v2 sensor advanced capabilities within Unreal Engine, with easy to use Blueprint nodes, all nicely commented, or directly through the C++ methods. Take a look at the Quick Start Guide](http://files.rvillani.com/neokinect/NeoKinect-QuickStart.pdf) to see how it works and have an idea of what you can achieve with it!
Robust and fast
The plugin was created with performance and usability in mind, so you can track all 6 possible users, their faces and enable all of the Kinect’s frame types (color, depth, infrared etc) at the same time with almost no hit in performance at all. Sensor polling is made in its own thread and a custom texture type was created just for the high-res-realtime updates, which is still compatible with the material editor system. If you need to, there are even functions to access the textures pixel values.
No need for components
The sensor is unique, no matter how many Actors or Widgets are using it. So, instead of needing to add components or extend specific Blueprints, you just call functions like with a function library. That way you can control the device from any Blueprint, including Widgets.
Besides access to the standard Microsoft Kinect API coordinate remapping methods, the plugin also comes with other remapping features that facilitate AR applications, like getting the location of a joint in the Color frame without losing its depth information. Every location and orientation was adapted to Unreal’s coordinate system and Joints transforms are compatible with the Engine’s Mannequin character rig.
Fully production proven
I’ve used Neo Kinect a lot (more than a year) before releasing to the public and removed all bugs found so far, besides making a lot of performance improvements. It was used in applications that go through a whole day without crashing and packages without problems.
- Tracking of up to 6 simultaneous users’s skeletons, with 25 joints each
- Users leaning angle, tracking confidence, Body edge clipping, hands states
- Per Body found/lost events
- Location and orientation of up to 6 simultaneous users’s faces
- Face points (left and right eyes, nose and left and right mouth corners) in 3D and 2D (Color and Infrared space)
- Faces bounding boxes in Color and Infrared frames space
- Expressions reading (Engaged, Happy, Looking Away, Mouth Moved, Mouth Open and Left and Right Eyes Open/Closed) and if users are Wearing glasses or not
- Per Face found/lost events
- Global bodies/faces tracking events (found/lost)
- Init/Uninit sensor
- Get sensor tilt, ground plane normal and sensor height
- 3D camera location to Color texture (optionally with depth) and to Depth texture
- Find depth of a Color texture location
- Depth point to Color point and to 3D location
- Get each frame FOV and dimensions
- Toggle frames usage individually
- Sample a pixel value from the Depth frame and find the depth of a Color pixel
Network Replicated: No
Platform: Win64 only