MipMap level drops too quickly on steep view angle, causing noticable blurry textures

MipMaps become blurry too fast on big surfaces close to camera (i.e. Ground or wall)

This screenshot is from default VR template with texture MipGen set to Sharpen10.
With scalability set to cinematic, material quality set to epic.

MipMap is working correctly on surfaces more perpendicular to camera vector, which makes the artifact even more visible because mipmap level mismatch between ground and wall.
I’ve been digging through commands and project settings but there’re not much settings to tweak when it comes to MipMaps. Right now I can only fix it via turing off mipmaps or lowering MipMap bias to -1.

Demonstrating view angle causing the artifact

When viewed close to the ground, mipmap appears extremely blurry

When viewed from aprox. 20 degrees with similar distance, the mipmaps appears less blurry

When viewed from aprox. 45 degrees with similar distance, the mipmaps are streaming correctly

Question:
MipMap is good and essential for performance, especially in VR. Is there anyway I can solve this without turning off MipMap or lowering Mip bias?

This is working as intended. Mip selection is not done by simply using the distance to the camera.

Typically this artifact is resolved with aniosotropic filtering, this increases the cost though so I have no idea how viable it is in VR.

Thank you for your reply. I’ll look into it.
If only there’s some settings to manually adjust the MipMap screen resolution…

Thanks to the keyword provided by @Arkiras , I found my answer in the following thread

Command r.MaxAnisotropy setting sets the level of anisotropy filtering (2x, 4x, 8x, etc). Higher the number higher the performance cost.
This value is set in scalability settings. You can override it in TextureQuality settings in scalability.ini