MAJOR - Editor disconnecting in between rounds in edit sessions!

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Live Edit

Summary

Currently, in a live Edit session, if you start your game to do some tests (especially if it is a large island) the game will take a little while to load into the next round, you will be on a black screen, and during this time, the editor will disconnect completely, and the connection/ping will spike.

This was not happening before, and now it is repeatedly happening nearly every time we try to test our maps!

As far as we can tell, there is no way to reconnect the session except going back to the lobby, and launching a complete new session, which can take anywhere from 2-3 minutes to 10+ minutes.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Create a large island, that is relatively high in memory.
  2. Add some mechanics and props/buildings
    3.Launch a live edit session from UEFN
  3. Start the game
  4. Eliminate yourself so you can go into the next round
  5. Repeatedly eliminate yourself for a couple of rounds
  6. The game will lag/be on a black screen in between rounds, which then results in the editor disconnecting

Expected Result

I would expect the game to run smoothly, and not disconnect in between rounds so we can carry on testing the map without being stopped.

Observed Result

Editor is disconnecting in between rounds, stuck on a black screen for quite a while, a yellow/red X appears on our Ping/Connection, then the editor disconnects with no way to reconnect it.

Platform(s)

Pc
Mobile
Xbox
Switch
Playstation

Island Code

8972-8338-3733

Additional Notes

Once this issue occurs, you cannot reconnect the session unless you go back to the lobby and load in again.

This issue seems to happen on large scale maps/experiences

The high ping in between rounds happens to everyone in the session

It severely slows down workflow and makes testing extremely difficult.

The status of FORT-742112 incident has been moved from ‘Needs Triage’ to ‘To Do’.

@Brandisnappy could we please get your logs? We’re having trouble reproducing this here. Thank yoU!

Hey, when you say Logs what do you mean?

Logs are a type of file that allow Epic Games employees to analyze your problem.

1 Like

I also I am losing connection. Every time I load a new version I need to launch again the Session. It is annoying

Can confirm last night this started happening everytime as well

LoL! I just realice that we CAN NOT LAUNCH memory Calculations because of this, so, it is NOT POSSIBLE to publish any map :rofl:

You must Join a Session to launch the Memory Calculation

imagen_2024-05-13_135234273

But of course, you can not launch a Memory Calculation if the Game is not ended

imagen_2024-05-13_135353605

So if you stop the game, the editor disconnects and you can not launch the Memory Calculation

imagen_2024-05-13_135530088

Start again this infinite loop :melting_face:

Could @Brandisnappy or one of the others experiencing this get me their logs? @Tanahara @davidpkami

Thank you, @landscape!

UnrealRevisionControlLongpoll.log (24.8 KB)
UnrealRevisionControl.log (2.4 KB)

1 Like

Thank you!

Added the last couple of days logs, its been painful needing to restart the session for simple verse changes :smiley:

UnrealRevisionControlLongpoll-backup-2024.05.11-05.16.03.zip (32.7 KB)

This is what you need it? I can provide more if you want :ok_hand:

Could you all zip up your whole log folder?

(post deleted by author)

@Flak

Logs.zip (21.3 MB)

Here you can see a full video of the disconection. Note that the crash occurs at 16:22 my time (Check the windows clock)

Any update about this? It is totally killing my map right now