Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Has any one got the Luoshangs GPU lightmass working through swarm as a distributed lightbuild?
I have the swarm working but it is not distributing the build. Any help with setting this up would be great! My remote pc says available but unassigned.

I upgraded my computer to 64G RAM and used fewer trees with wider branches. It worked. VRAM isn’t a problem. It only takes about 6G VRAM, and I’m using an rtx2080.

Hows your vram doing during the render? Check it on the task manager, looks like you are running out of vram.

Works for me

Fantastic. Any chance a 4.27 compatible version is available?

4 Likes

OneBedQuad.log (43.4 KB)
OneBedQuad.log (68.1 KB)

RTX 2080
RAM 32 GB

I am getting this error Unreal engine 4.26.2

I have set the tdr as well and build the light using ue4editor-cmd. I think light build is done but while saving it crashes all the time. Help me out

HELP! I downloaded the latest version and it worked fine on my laptop. Switching back to my desktop now and I’m getting this error when I try and run the Batch file. Can anyone help with this?

I hardly know why this is?

GPU Lightmass 4.27.0-preview-4

Download binaries

Source code

4 Likes

Shocking. This information 4.27

Looks like a couple of issues.

1. “7za is not recognized” looks like the script was not able to download the free 7zip.exe to decompress the files.
  2. You maybe running the script in an unsupported version of UE4 (“Kernel version is unknown”

You can still try to install it, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

4.27 is unsupported on my script. Try manually installing. I haven’t got time to actually look into it.

No idea what those Chinese? characters are.
But for the rest, 4.26 seems installed and GPU lightmass too.
Since UE is running, it cannot make a backup. But since it is also manually installed (probably) it would not be able to make a backup of CPU lightmass anyway.
I would suggest to just repair UE4 4.26 and re-run the script with UE4 closed so you can backup CPU lightmass and then install GPU.
If you are using 4.27, I have not updated the script for that version.

Wow. Could you confirm this works?

Thank you for your reply, I have successfully installed manually and can be used. Thank you for your development.

Running 4.27 version Thanks to all involved!
Can anyone share their tests comparing Luoshang vs native GPU Lightmass?

Also other than Nume IndirectLight Bounces are ther any other Lightmass settings that have affect on quality?

Has anyone tested baking against a Static vs Movable Skylight when using Exponential Height Fog?

It seems the preview 4 version of GPU Lightmass no longer works in the release version of 4.27.

Anyone else encounter this?

GPU Lightmass 4.27.0-release

Download binaries

Source code

13 Likes

Small Apartment design

Unreal engine 4.26 : GPU Lightmass & Raytracing

Video link : watch?v=KSzUSkvy6sI

Thanks for watching !

2 Likes

Getting a repeated error when Building my Light maps in 4.27
“MapCheck: Error: WorldSettings Maps need lighting rebuilt”

The progress bar comes up momentarilly but then my build always fails.

Spent an hour googling but no results so far.

Can anyone suggest troubleshooting steps?