Luoshuang's GPULightmass

watch?v=Rq85AFsUSG8

What´s up you guys. Is there any tutorial regarding how to install and change the quality option on the lightmass to 4.27 version? Best regards.

Thanks as always, @ , for keeping this alive!

Do you know if it will be able to be addapted to UE5? Have you made any try already?

Thank you again!

I definitely want to try at some point. Currently I’m too busy with my day job. It is highly likely that the time and effort required will be more than I can afford to invest at the moment. This all depends on how much the UE5 codebase diverges from UE4.

1 Like

Had the same error last week.
Everything in my scene was modeled by me or used from Evermotion or CGAxis.
One model was from 3dsky and had some splines as well that were from the floor plan.
Deleted the 3dsky model and it started working. Had to remodel that sofa.
If you have anything downloaded from the internet try removing it and see how it goes.
Also try cleaning and validating swarm cache after you remove the rogue asset.

GPU Lightmass 5.0 Early Access 2

Download binaries

Source code

7 Likes

Wow, what a genius over here!

I hope I can try it during this week and publish some tests, thanks!!

Was it so divergent from UE4?

It actually went as smoothly as I could have hoped for. There were no conflicts requiring manual resolution during the cherry picking process. This is entirely a testament to the sound software architecture practices employed by the UE developers and especially !

While I appreciate the kind words, my only contribution is to know just enough to be able to resolve merge conflicts when they occur and find my way around compiling the thing.

1 Like

When I downloaded the engine file for V4.27 and replaced the files in my root folder I got this erorr
Processing: GPULightmass-UE4.27.0-preview-4.zip…
Capture

2 Likes

that lightmass doesn’t work with multiple gpu. Am I Right?

Yeah, I know, but you are still here and making what you can, which is equally amazing.

Thanks!

1 Like

I want to share my work in UE4

watch?v=WlbmjzHCkLc

5 Likes

Anyone got this weird, multiple shadows after baking the light with 's GPULightmass too?
Even in a simple scene, with 2 cubes, 2 planes and a directional light. (For comparison I even covered one half within a Lightmass Importance Volume. But there are no differences).

Scene setup:

And the results:

The Directional light had default settings and was switched to Static.
GPULightmass Settings were: Primary 64 Samples, Secondary 16.

Switching the Directional light to Stationary, the shadows now are somehow more aligned:

But, still, not great. Are there some other settings I need to change? My first contact with 's GPULightmass was a quick + dirty session in 4.26 … therefore I’m not sure if these weird shadows are ‘normal’.

Even if there were one or two posts in this topic, regarding the same problem, but with no answer, I try and ask again -desperately … there may be someone out there that has faced this problem and came to a solution.

1 Like

Hi That"s my problem too … the same error… Does any solution been found?

It mentions that Luoshangs Lightmass supports Volumetric lightmaps but ow to you control the Volume density? All my dynamic objects are not being lit correctly is there a way to change the Volume detail cell size?

GPU Lightmass 4.27.1-release

Download binaries

Source code

9 Likes

i have this problem as well, have you found any soloution?

No, sadly not. :confused:

But because it only appears on the first bounce of the light, I changed the Directional Light to Stationary. That way the ‘Cast Ray Tracing Shadows’ options is “solving” the problem. (Even if I’d like to use a Static Directional Light in my scene :nerd_face: )

And thanks @ for the new release <3

2 Likes

Whats the difference between this and the GPU baker included into the engine right now at 4.26/2.27 ?

*Does this one works with the cached space data for moving characters and such ?

Thank you

What ‘cached space data’ is?