Lightmass Ambient Occlusion In Forward Renderer?

I’m having problems getting Static LightMass-Baked AO in my game using the Forward Renderer. Is this by design while using the Forward Renderer? I’ve enabled all appropriate settings relating to AO.

I believe it says in the docs for the forward renderer that AO is not yet supported (seems true as of 4.19 which I’m on currently). Which leads me to the question about how people’s workflows looks… If you need AO to be baked into textures, but it isn’t supported in forward rendering, how do you easily switch between forward and deferred to get the AO bakes to happen?

Do you have to set up 2 different projects? You can’t quickly switch in single project because the shaders all rebuild, which slows down the workflow tremendously.

i’d be interested in seeing the documentation explaining why static, lightmap-based baked AO isn’t supported in forward renderer. I can’t find any docs about static ao not being supported

Actually I think the docs mention ssao isn’t implemented at this point. Though it really should be implemented, it ran fine on xbox 360 and ps3 on many forward rendered games… it’s really a must have for VR based stuff. This original post says they’re having problems with lightmass. I would think that should work.

Yep, tested it. Lightmass AO seems fine, as expected. its only SSAO that doesn’t work in forward.