Lighting in shipping too dark compared to in editor

Does it happen when you simulate the game in the editor? Usually the issue lies in difference between exposure settings, so if you have edited the exposure settings of the ingame camera or in some post process node, that can have an effect.

This is driving me nuts and need help - This is a new issue that crept in (It hasn’t appeared before in 20+ Builds), and I moved the project to a fresh machine and it occurs there too.

I have a Sky Light active a single directional light and I added a light mass importance volume and that didn’t help.

There has to be a setting I’m missing and after hours of googling and trying I’m hoping someone might have seen this before.

I will post the resolution if I get it working…

Once my build finishes, I will take another look and confirm - funny enough after posting I was just wondering about exposure so I will check and confirm its fixed exposure - Thanks for replying will confirm shortly. - I fixed all exposure and now doing another build - this is a full game so takes a while…

JoSr - The simulate looks fine - I removed the autoexposure options and tried again but it didn’t help - I’m deleting the PP and also rebuilding the lighting and full rebuild one more time. will update once done.

After all rebuilding its still the same - any other ideas?

HI, you got no problem in standalone? Only when you build the project?

Can you show an image from the same view from where it looks normal and where it looks wrong?

Else you could try pin it down but that may take time. So

1. Does this only occur in this specific map or does it also occur in a different map of the same project?

2. If it only occurs in this specific map, then if you create a blank project and migrate the level there does the problem still occur?

3. If it not only occurs in this specific map, then again if you create a blank project and migrate the level there does the problem still occur?

4. When you cooked your game did you do this in this project, or did you create a blank project, migrated the relevant assets over and cooked from there?

chrudimer - thanks for the reply and suggestions.
Stand alone is fine.
Capturing exactly the save view is tough as its VR , but can give it another go - the images above are the same mountains.but not same view your right.

1. Does this only occur in this specific map or does it also occur in a different map of the same project?
    All maps, move obviously in this level.

2. If it only occurs in this specific map, then if you create a blank project and migrate the level there does the problem still occur? - After Migration to a new blank project and Rebuild of the game it still occurs.

3. If it not only occurs in this specific map, then again if you create a blank project and migrate the level there does the problem still occur?

4. When you cooked your game did you do this in this project, or did you create a blank project, migrated the relevant assets over and cooked from there?
    I let the Builder Cook the project (re Rebuild)

I deleted the level build data and now doing full lighting build… Will report back

UPDATE: and now I’m stuck (and going slightly mad) - After all those rebuilds and migrations the problem is still the same…

I did discover something NEW that blew my mind that points more to my issue but not why…

We have previous working version on steam (dev) that the beta testers was using (from last month) and when I downloaded and ran them (to get a nice clean screen shot) the same dark shadow issue appears!!!
these in the .exe game so there is something that is being set by the epic engine locally and is now different…

It is also affecting another level and the transparency on the water is off, and we see white lines around some shapes.

This has to be some global runtime setting, hidden on my machine. This machine was is a fresh windows build with a clean ue4.23 install. A new project, with new .ini files.

I wonder if I need to set some explicit settings project that will make it through to final build. ? It has to be epic doing some kind of automatic sizing, but the old builds worked flawlessly.

After being a fulltime epic dev for 3 years, this is a new one on me… Help or ideas?

I looked under my local folder and deleted the gameusersettings.ini file and restarted the game but didn’t fix it (it recreates it after deletion when ran)

[ScalabilityGroups]
sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=3
sg.AntiAliasingQuality=3
sg.ShadowQuality=3
sg.PostProcessQuality=0
sg.TextureQuality=3
sg.EffectsQuality=2
sg.FoliageQuality=3
[/Script/Engine.GameUserSettings]
bUseVSync=False
bUseDynamicResolution=False
ResolutionSizeX=1920
ResolutionSizeY=1080
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1920
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=1080
WindowPosX=-1
WindowPosY=-1
FullscreenMode=1
LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=1
PreferredFullscreenMode=1
Version=5
AudioQualityLevel=0
LastConfirmedAudioQualityLevel=0
FrameRateLimit=0.000000
DesiredScreenWidth=1280
bUseDesiredScreenHeight=False
DesiredScreenHeight=720
LastUserConfirmedDesiredScreenWidth=1280
LastUserConfirmedDesiredScreenHeight=720
LastRecommendedScreenWidth=-1.000000
LastRecommendedScreenHeight=-1.000000
LastCPUBenchmarkResult=-1.000000
LastGPUBenchmarkResult=-1.000000
LastGPUBenchmarkMultiplier=1.000000
bUseHDRDisplayOutput=False
HDRDisplayOutputNits=1000

The Steam Game version…

Im going to re-state this problem again based on latest information.

I have the same exact problem… Did you find any solution?