Item Placer does not deduct gold from players

Summary

The item placers now allow you to set a Gold cost. Regardless of the gold cost set the item placer does not deduct gold from the player after ‘buying’ the item.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Steps to Reproduce

Place item placer. Attach any item such as an apple. Set gold cost to 10. Give player some gold and buy the item placer item. No gold will be deducted from player.

Expected Result

Appropriate gold cost should be deducted when players pick up items with a gold cost.

Observed Result

No gold is deducted from players.

Platform(s)

windows

Island Code

1657-0116-8372

The status of FORT-793263 incident has been moved from ‘To Do’ to ‘In Progress’.

Can confirm that this is happening for me as well. Before anyone asks, yes- I do have “Infinite Building Materials” off in Island Settings lol

2 Likes

Maybe upvote Separate gold from resources, so that you can have infinite building resources and finite gold if fixed, it resolves both issues.

1 Like

Thank you for the report, we’re looking into this!

2 Likes

I will also add that it does seem that uefn is checking to make sure the player has the minimum amount of gold but it just doesn’t get deducted.

So, if the item costs 100 and the player only has 90 they cannot pick up the item. But if the player has 110 gold they can get the item but they still have all 110 after getting the item.

ps. thanks Flak!

ps. there goes my power of 2 post count… maybe I should delete this reply, lol

LOL! :nerd_face: :purple_heart:

This will be fixed in a future update. Thank you so much for the report!

1 Like

thank you for the reply!