Introducing “Ask Unreal Anything”, a new Unreal Engine AMA series

We are delighted to announce the first Ask Unreal Anything, an AMA-style series of sessions to bring the Unreal Engine dev teams to you. Submit your questions directly to expert members on our team—ask about feature insights, overarching development guidance, career advice, industry questions, and of course, what you’re wondering specifically about our guests!

To get the party started, Brian Karis, Daniel Wright, and Sebastien Hillaire from the Rendering Team will join us on 2022-06-15T17:00:00Z in the Epic Developer Community.

Now, go meet the team and explore all the event details :point_right: Ask Unreal Anything: Rendering | June 15, 2022 at 1PM EDT

11 Likes

Do we post the questions in this thread or the event details one? As the event details specifies to ask questions there yet that thread is closed. Or will it open on the day?

1 Like

You’ll be able to post your questions to Ask Unreal Anything: Rendering | June 15, 2022 at 1PM EDT. We’ll open the topic on 24 hours in advance.

4 Likes

Hey @Amanda.Schade, I had two questions posted, and wasn’t the first person to either. Both of my questions got deleted entirely, without any real explanation. One question got asked again later on as well…

Does this kind of silent removal of posts and comments happen often? Doesn’t it make sense to notify people when and why things are being removed, and marking removed content as deleted instead of just disappearing it?

Community goes hand in hand with trust, and quietly deleting people’s posts is not the way to go.

Hi ,

I’m working on how to get vertex positions from a animated skeletal mesh. I’m using SkeletalMesh->ComputeSkinnedPositions(SkeletalMesh, Vertices, matrix, *Loddata, *SkinBuffer); but getting an error. saying "Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:D:\Build++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 674] Array index out of bounds: 278 from an array of size 0
".

please do needful. bare with me if it was basic doubt.
Thanks

I think you misunderstand the purpose of this thread.

oh , sorry! . could you please suggest me relevant thread where I can post my development queries.

Thanks

The link was in this post above:

[quo2t2
2[quote=“VertexEater, post:3, topic:577135, full:true”]
Do we post the questions in this thr2ons there yet that thread is closed. Or will it open on the day?
[/quote]22

[/quote]