How do I light all sides of this object?

So, if you are using a light source that influences the sun height you can manipulate the angle of that source light. It works in a reverse 180 scale. The light facing straight down will be noon, 90 degrees in either direction will be night or very late sunset.

The way to manipulate that is through the rotate tool in UE4. I’ts one of the engine tools associated with a group with scale and transform. You can access the rotate by selecting your light, either in viewport or the world outliner, and pressing the “E” key. You can also select it in the top right corner of your viewport.

The source light will directly influence the height of the sun in the sky. You will need to go to the SkySphere BP and adjust it in it’s details panel after moving the light. If you are using a directional light this works the same way only it won’t influence the SkySphere.

Are we talking different lighting because I did change my directional light to be a sunset so is the reason it’s not equally lighted because it’s a sunset?

I don’t believe so. As I stated above I changed nothing other than the angle of the directional light. Then in the SkySphere I adjusted the angle to reflect the angle of the sky. This is done by going to the BP SkySphere > Sun Angle, and depending on the angle of the directional after sliding the numerical value, it will change to show either day, night, evening etc…

As I cannot reproduce the issue you have I cannot report this as a bug. I also cannot test this further without a copy of your project. You can do this by either linking a dropbox here or you can go to our Forums > Advanced Search > User Name and type my name in there. You can then send me a private message with a link there.